Bonnie Franklin

Dead at 69

3/1/2013 10:09 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0301-bonnie-franklin-gettyBonnie Franklin -- who starred as Ann Romano on the classic TV show "One Day at a Time" -- died today due to complications from pancreatic cancer. She was 69.

Franklin had announced she was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer in September 2012.

Franklin had a long career, but was best known for playing the mother to Valerie Bertinelli and Mackenzie Phillips on "One Day at a Time" from 1975-1984.

She was married to playwright Ronald Sossi from 1967 to 1970 and to film producer Marvin Minoff from 1980 until his death in November 2009. She had no children.

0301_bonnie_franklin_footer

deb

RIP Bonnie
Ran into her in a DC hotel lobby many years ago, she was very kind, talked to my daughter and I, was a sweetheart.....

dkonen02

Too bad for Bonnie Franklin. Had found out she was born in the SAME year as my father. She was a VERY marvelous actress, and "One Day at a Time" was, without a doubt, the BEST show she was on.

BT

Much too young. Miss you!

trish

Bonnie will be sorely missed, I enjoyed her on TV and I am so sorry she was so sick...may she rest in peace.

Haunted Memphis

She represented women like my mom, a single working mother. And she made us laugh. Rest in peace Bonnie.

Ken

watched the show back in the day.....tough way to go out....hope she didn't suffer too much....always enjoyed her charm.

Dopey

Those fingers growing from her right shoulder, in the top picture of her above, should have been a dead giveaway that something was amiss.
Rest in peace!

Fred

Rest in peace, Miss Bonnie. You brought us many fun-filled hours of entertainment.

Syl

So sad to hear this. Pancreatic cancer is a real beast - lost several friends to it. Some fought it, some didn't. Outcome the same. Horrible disease no matter where it strikes, but no cure or successful treatment for pancreatic yet.

anthony

rip...thz for the memories!

Bill

She was so nice. Rest in peace.

Donnie

What a sad loss. To her family, friends, and former cast mates deepest sympathy. She will be missed.

Sandra

I liked her, the show one day at a time she was on was cute,funny and also lessons learned. RIP Bonnie..

Angela Seymour

So sorry for the loss. I just lost my husband to pancreatic cancer. He had no symptoms at all and was sick for about a week. Diagnosed on 9-8-12 and died 10-8-12 just 30 days later. It is a devestaing disease that takes its toll quickly and is so shocking - especially when someone is so active and alive. It is the least you expect and the grief very hard to work through.

Angela Seymour

So sad to hear of another person to get this devestating disease that strikes so quickly and killy so fast. My husband had no symptoms, got sick on week, diagnosed 9-8-12 and died 10-8-12. He was my hero - a retired Firefigher Engineer and the love of the life - 30 years of bliss. My prayers and condolences to her family. I know it was a shocking a quick and devasting disease and horrible to watch a loved one go through. My heart goes out to you and feel free to contact me if you need a shoulder