« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

WWE Legend

Paul Bearer

Dead at 58

3/6/2013 8:05 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0306_paul_bearer_wee_death_dies_article
Paul Bearer -- the spooky WWE manager who helped introduce The Undertaker -- died Tuesday evening at the age of 58 ... this according to the WWE.

Bearer -- real name "Bill" Moody -- joined the WWE in 1990 ... playing the role of a creepy funeral director who managed various wrestling stars ... including Undertaker, Kane, Rick Rude, Vader and Mankind.

The details surrounding Bearer's death are unclear -- but he reportedly suffered from serious health problems over the past decade ... including morbid obesity and gallbladder issues.

R.I.P.

The WWE released a statement saying ... "WWE is saddened to learn of the passing of William Moody, aka Paul Bearer."

"Moody made his WWE debut in 1991 as the manager of The Undertaker and went on to become a memorable part of WWE over the course of the next 20 years. Our deepest condolences go out to Moody’s family, friends and fans."

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

momdux

R.I.P.... Mr. Moody... I am STILL a WWE fan, My deepest condolences to your family, and friends.. And fans...

cas_21

RIP. He used to scare the crap out of me when he would walk out w/ Taker!

Carmen

RIP!

TipBossyB5000

Rip & yes he used to scare the crap out of me too

Gilford

Gilford

_][ Character_Assassin ][_

When I used to watch WWF the guy was creepy as hell but he played his persona to the T.

superbadnerves1

Rip I used to look foward to hearing the creepy music and him come out everyweekend as a kid just read the article saying how good jake the snake was doing and now this bad news. I really miss the old wrestling When I play wrestling with my son I always pick the old people and of course he LAUGHS

Gilford

I hope this isn't a WWE stunt for Wrestlemania, where the Undertaker "resurrects" Paul Bearer, It;s a horrible thought, but I wouldn't put it past Vince McMahon.

COOKIE OKEKE

sorry about Pauls passing.RIP

toohigh310

true wwe legend back when wwe was great

Mrugowsky

Wrestling is just not interesting especially when it's just bad acting that isn't close to believable. At least in the Olympics the action is real.

Jeanie

It's sad when the world recognizes Paul Bearer but where was the media and the fan fair and remeberance when a REAL legend passed away a few years ago speaking of George The Animal" Steele???

Joshua

My thoughts & prayers go out to his family & friends R.I.P. "Paul" You Will Be Missed..

Matt Malott

And yet Sunny is still alive. Shame.