M.I.A.

Can't Go AWOL With Son,

Ex Gets Restraining Order

3/14/2013 5:45 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0313_mia_benjamin

M.I.A.
better love Brooklyn ... 'cause the rapper's been banned from leaving the borough with her son ... courtesy of a court order obtained by her filthy rich baby daddy, Benjamin Bronfman.

M.I.A. was reportedly threatening to take her 4-year-old boy Ikhyd to England, her home country ... until Benjamin -- son of Seagram's billionaire Edgar Bronfman Jr. -- was granted a temporary restraining order in a King's County (aka Brooklyn) court earlier this week.

Bronfman and M.I.A. were never married, but split up last year. They both live in Brooklyn, separately, and little Ikhyd goes to school there.

The NY Post first reported the TRO ... which is latest battle in what appears to be an ongoing custody war between M.I.A. and Bronfman.

The rapper has tweeted in the past accusing Bronfman's family of trying “to take my child away from me.”

antigirlygirl

Lesson #1: money talks, bull**** walks. Lesson #2: never threaten to leave the country when baby daddy is FILTHY rich. Lesson #3: Prepare to lose Sorry..

Celeb Gossip Addict

That's sad. I hope they can learn to get along for the benefit of the child.

Ozzie X

Her career is M.I.A

awards

She is lucky he wasn't really pissed, eh?

fujimo

who?

lola_uk

Seriously, who DIDN'T see this coming? But if she really wanted to take the baby back to the UK why "threaten" and not just do it, without telling him? I'm just sayin'...

unicorn40

Just my opinion but anybody who could wrtite a song
about killing red heads/gingers doesn't deserve to have custody of kids. That takes a certain kind of mindset to even think like that, i think she's warped.

Ashley

get your sh1t together guys...

total scrotal implosion

Sorry ass bitc# its not just your child! That's what's wrong with alotta women you see children as property and try to use them as bargaining chips.

samson

Can't leave NYC, or can't leave Brooklyn? That's pretty nuts if she can't take the kid to another borough.

A.

For someone who likes to shock the public, he just shocked the hell out of her.

Cheryl

Maybe had to not gotten pregnant without knowing this man and his family she wouldn't be in this mess?

Hello world WAKE up and see that becoming pregnant without knowing the person you are with can be a PAIN in the butt!

Parker

Bitch...he is the babys daddy....whores like her make me sick...if he didnt want anything to do with the child this low class whore would be in court or bashing him......I can understand why he wouldnt want his kid taken out of the country...the kid may end up like her...a useless bitch in society.......good for him!

Gargamel

Who?

DiM

Sounds like SHE is the one trying to take the child away.

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments