Judge Judy

I'm Returning

Your Dumb Dishes!

3/15/2013 12:41 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0315-judge-judy-patrice-jones-tmz-watts

Judge Judy
is done fighting with her producer's very bitter ex-wife ... she's decided to return the uber-expensive silverware and china to the producer, and he's willing to give it back to his ex -- but there's a HUGE catch.

Her Honor tells TMZ, "This very unpleasant lady doesn't give a hoot about dishes. She cares about pressuring her ex-husband and the way to do that is to attempt to embarrass me."

Judy says the divorce judge called Patric Jones out for being "untruthful," "dishonest" and "misleading" during portions of her testimony ... and then Judy goes on ... "She and her attorney want a circus and I refuse to be a further participant in their drama."

And get this ... Judy, who paid her producer $50k for the dishes and flatware, says, "As Ms. Jones and her attorney assert, the items are community property, they are being packed and returned to Mr. Douthit [her producer] and she can proceed with her claim in divorce court."

So Judy -- who makes a reported $45 mil a year, will eat the $50k.  And speaking of eating, her parting shot:  "Anyway, my husband and I eat out most of the time."

Now part 2 -- Judy's producer gave us a statement ...

Randy Douthit says, "The dishes and silverware that Ms. Jones describes as community property are being sent to me.  I am truly sorry that Judge Judy Sheindlin was brought into this domestic dispute.  She relied on my statement to her that the court had authorized the sale."

Randy then sticks it to his ex, who insists the dishes are worth more than half a mil, even though the divorce judge places the value at a measly $125,000 ... "I agree with [my ex] that as community property she is entitled to half their value.  She herself has valued them at more than $500,000.  I do not want them and she is certainly welcome to have them as that is what she says she wants."

Randy says, "When I get the cashier's check for $250,000, I will deliver them to her."

Divorce ... it's fun.

celeberr

at least the judge will have he last laugh, in that instead of this bag getting any free money, she will have to pay a quarter mill to get these dishes back that she clearly doesn't care about

DoFunny1

If anybody saw Patric's piece on Good Morning America, you'd see that the photo on TMZ was taken the year Kodak started color processing. She hasn't worked a day since she left Fullerton. Can you say GOLD DIGGER?

kitnplayn

Judge Judy is a greedy bitch to get involved in a divorce between another couple that she is acquainted with by buying property from either of them. Judge Judy is the ultimate ugly face of America. She has sold out her own culture for dirty money by being a vicious verbal bully to young people. She is a primary reason that the world hates the usa.

hummm

I am lost... the china is worth 125,000, but now she has to fork 250,000 to her ex to get it back? winning!!!

Brad G.

After seeing this, I kinda feel sorry for her, and am glad she got the dishes back. I wasn't aware she had Down Syndrome.

lcmb

For idiots that fault her for buying them for less than they are worth, that is, what most grown ups call good financial sense.

It also might explain why she is a Judge and filthy rich. She's not stupid. If you want to make sure you never get a good deal, knock yourself out. If you do, and you fault her, that makes you a flaming hypocrite.

Now stop hating because you envy her wealth.

Chill.

Miara

What a waste of everything here - obviously there are no winners here. If Judge Judy has to put out that ridiculous, immature comment, there is more to this childish story.

Lynn

She's a damn Judge \ Attorney

She knows better -- Just looking for Free Publicity for her ailing show !!

DeeMaree

I'm really liking this Randy guy. Getting even with humor is one of my favorite things ever. Hope we get to hear if the soon to be mrs ex Randy, coughs up the bucks for her precious dishes. Btw, by auction standards, getting 50,000 dollars for 125,000 dollars worth of dishes is a GREAT deal for the seller. I have purchased a 12 piece set of Bavarian antique china with all the serving dishes and no chips or discoloration for a number much much less. If I told you, you would not believe me. The soon to be ex mrs Randy screwed the pooch by causing the canceling out of this deal.

Annie

Wow nice come back!!!

kerrplunk

BFD

geneo

I don;t think this bimbo every washed or ate on china more like paper and plastic......

Jeff

Judge Judy is no fool, something is up here to stick to the ex wife since she filed the lawsuit about the dishes, a Judge valued them at 125k, the ex got 62.5k then she self valued the dishes at 500k after the Judge ruled? somehow it seems to me that this whole thing will bite the ex wife in the butt and cost her money

Ted Allen

This happens in the antiques business all the time. People think their stuff is worth X because of the full retail value, but the reality is that it's worth what your buyer is willing to pay. The husband found a buyer, made a quick sale, got the money, and it wasn't enough for this B. She wants full retail value. She probably thinks they're worth so much because they were once hers.

Josie Wails

If Judge Judy did nothing wrong, why is she returning them? To make this return stunt towards the ex-wife using her power as a Judge redefining the divorce actions she should be totally away from, seems to make a mockery of fair minded Justice and shows that Judicial power can be levied towards hurting someone that you disagree with. That in itself is an offense bordering on being disbarred. This is a perfect example of what is wrong with the Justice system in America today and why lobbys and financial players control the game in the courtroom and on Capital Hill.