Prince

Could Be Called to Testify

in MJ Wrongful Death Suit

3/31/2013 8:58 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0331_prince_mj_gettyPrince and Michael Jackson never worked together in their illustrious careers ... until now ... because TMZ has learned Katherine Jackson intends to call Prince as a witness in her wrongful death lawsuit against AEG.

As TMZ first reported, MJ's mom and three kids are seeking $40 billion in damages from AEG for its alleged negligent hiring and supervision of Dr. Conrad Murray.

According to docs filed earlier this month, Katherine's legal team plans to call nearly 100 witnesses ... with one of them being Prince.

It's curious, since Prince and MJ never collaborated, but we're hearing Katherine's legal team believes Prince had a bad experience with AEG in the past that could be relevant.

Can you imagine Prince on the witness stand?

"Dearly beloved, we are gathered here today to tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth."

0728_remembering_michael_jackson_footer_v2

scoopie

sounds more like their both being Jehovah's Witnesses is the reason she'd call him as a witness in this - there's your "curious" factor, tmz

HumanNature

It must be said at this point, Prince was unhappy with the sound quality throughout the evening. All three shows were marred by technical problems, feedback and poor sound systems. By the time this show was in motion he had enough. During the early part of this set he asked for adjustments to the sound several times. Before the next song, he launched into an epic rant from the stage, directed at AEG who he had been working with for a number of years on his tours, including the massively successful Musicology Tour of 2004. AEG oversees the entire L.A. Live complex and Prince started naming names, specifically calling out AEG Live President and CEO Randy Phillips and AEG's President and CEO Tim Leiweke from the stage in a 90 second public lambasting.

"Before we play this, Randy Phillips, Tim Leiweke, they run AEG. And, uh, this is their building so the buzzes you hear you can talk to them about it. I'm gonna play through it, I'm gonna do my best. Now feel me, they spent a lot of money on the seats, and the lights are beautiful. But I done told them several times, let's work on that sound. I came to see Alicia Keys here and it was the worst sound I ever heard. But Alicia is a genius, bar none. She is music and she deserves the best, alright? So we're all in this together. So if we fix the sound, I'll be here every night. This is what I do. And I'll do it for free, I won't charge 'em. But now I got to go back to my three million a night!"

PRINCE HAS EVERY "RIGHT" TO TAKE THE STAND ON WORKING RELATIONSHIP WITH AEG!!!!

Beezy

MJ's mother is certifiable. This woman is knocking on deaths door and all she wants to do is fight and sue people for money. Michael must be rolling over in his grave.

jl

Lmao Americans and their stupid lawsuits $40bn lol

Kenny

40 Billion!?!? Did I read that right?

HBIC

Really He never got paid because all the back and fourth and fourth. Michael was dead the Morning he was supposed to turn the contract by fax.

Michael asked for Him not AEG.

How the heck are asking for 40 Billion? You son was a druggie. He is the Blame.

anya2u

LMAO $40 billion !! .....The Jacksons are not only crazy but incredibly greedy! Hope they don't get a cent and are stuck with paying all their own legal fees.

Roman Moroni

40 billion right - when MJ pops back to life & high fives conrad murray - & we wonder y this &hit never concludes

Cricket

Since typos aren't the rarest around this site, or this article for that matter. I certainly hope billion is another. $40 billion is ridiculous. Insanity is a family trait, so whatever.

MiMi

Alan Duke CNN previews the Jackson v. AEG trial on CNN International

MiMi

Conrat Murray's CNN interview is in 2 parts. First part is tomorrow at 8pm ET on CNN with Anderson Cooiper.

JO

Well, at least you know he'll be telling the truth. ;)

Gloryg7

Oddly enough Yeah I can imagine Prince as a Witness! Lol

HumanNature

THAT DAMNING EMAIL SHOWS THAT AEG HAD AUTHORITY OVER THE "QUACK" NOT MJ!!!!!!

AND ANOTHER THING, PRINCE CAN TESTIFY THAT AEG EMPLOYED ALL OF HIS STAFF FOR HIS RESIDENCY WHEN HE WAS WORKING WITH THEM!!!!!!

AEG IS SECRETLY PAYING THE "QUACK" TO STFU!!!!!

INTERPRETATION - PLEA THE FIFTH