Snoop Lion

Rap & Gay

Don't Mix

4/7/2013 12:57 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0407_snoop_dogg_tmz
Snoop Lion believes homosexuality and rap music are like Lindsay Lohan and sobriety ... they just don't mix.

Snoop -- a known supporter of same-sex marriage in America -- was asked by The Guardian if Frank Ocean coming out last year would pave the way for other gay rappers.

Snoop said we shouldn't hold our breath, explaining "Frank Ocean ain't no rapper. He's a singer. It's acceptable in the singing world, but in the rap world I don't know if it will ever be acceptable because rap is so masculine."

He continues, "It's like a football team. You can't be in a locker room full of motherf----g tough-ass dudes, then all of a sudden say, 'Hey, man, I like you.' You know, that's going to be tough."

But Snoop made it clear -- it's the nature of the biz, not him -- adding, "I don't have a problem with gay people. I got some gay homies."

Plus, we spoke to Snoop last week in L.A. about same-sex marriage. Here's what he had to say ...

040713_snoop_gay_marriage_launch_v2

Sue from jersey

He is just high again

benji88

If you are a man and you like another man,you should just kill yourself. God made a man and a WOMAN to multiply...and anyways pus*y is sooo good

kw

snoop lying

smurfya

If rap is so masculine why do rappers shoot eachother instead of using their fists like real men?

monique

this coming from a "rough str8 ""MASCULINE"" rapper" who, when he goes to jail gets bailed out in minutes... I seriously doubt gay football players are going to sit around and tell the straight ones "I like you" what an ignorant *******

spokenword

Snoop and reggae music don't mix.

Methinksmelikestmz

Well the thug rappers who served prison time probably lost their "masculinity" after day one.

GOPmommy

Rappers aren't gay? All the jewelry, fur coats, blinged ot cups/phones/teeth. Poor one out for Liberace dawgs.

Mysic_beats2013

Well at least he supports it and not bash anyone that's Gay I hey want to be gay let them be happy and be Gay

str8edgewriter

Thank God he isn't white , he might lose fans. If it was 1993 and he was relevant.

Roman Moroni

Simply put ... he's homophobic

bbwlover1969

He just assumes if youre on a team and you come out to a teammate it's because you're attracted to that person. Nice.

Adrian

Sorry, but I beg to differ. TMZ- have you heard of Macklemore? I know you have..he's a rapper and even created a song about the LGBT community. Even if he isn't gay himself, its still a presence and movement among the rap community! :)

Jmk3591

I believe there's gay rappers who are not out of "the closet". 1st example Drake. 2nd example Wayne kissing birdman. 3rd example Birdman kissing Wayne. Lets be serious maybe if I was a baby I kissed my dad on the cheak. But the lips of another man? The LIPS. Be serious. If there are gay rappers who cares its cool just be proud.

Takc

Regardless of what Snoop said that guy has the right to share his opinion without others calling him names.I don't understand why gay people get offended even for the slightess remark.They're worst than women.Me personaly I respect gay people not because of who they are but because