Garth Brooks

SUED ...

Shameless As A Man Can Be

4/15/2013 10:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0413-Garth-Brooks-lisa-sanderson

Garth Brooks
has friends in low places because he's one of the lowest human beings on the planet ... according to a lawsuit filed by his former business partner.

Lisa Sanderson -- who worked with Garth for 20 years -- claims in her uber-colorful lawsuit that -- although Brooks passes himself off as "a humble and highly principled 'everyman'" -- he's actually a "paranoid, angry, deceitful and vindictive man who will turn against those closest to him on a dime."

Sanderson alleges she was a successful TV producer whom Brooks lured to jump start his TV and movie career.  But she claims Brooks was his own worst enemy, killing deals with Disney, Fox and others by making ridiculous demands.

Sanderson says Brooks torpedoed a bunch of great opportunities because of his unbridled megalomania.  For example, she says Brooks was offered an acting gig to appear as a sniper in "Saving Private Ryan," but he refused because "he wanted to be the star and was unwilling to share the limelight with ... Tom Hanks, Matt Damon, and Edward Burns."

And then there was the movie "Twister."  Sanderson says Brooks nixed a chance to play a bad guy because he didn't want to play second fiddle to a tornado.

As for Sanderson, she says Brooks screwed her in the salary, bonus and profits department, allegedly lying to her about the pot of gold she'd get if she stuck around.

In the lawsuit, filed by Marty Singer and Allison Hart, Sanderson wants $425,000 in unpaid bonus and salary, as well as punitive damages.

Oh yeah ... she also says Garth is a tax fraud.

update_bar

1:45 PM PT -- A spokesperson for Red Strokes Entertainment Inc. has issued a statement on behalf of Brooks ... "Mr. Brooks, of course, denies everything in the lawsuit filed today by Lisa Sanderson. Mr. Brooks and Red Strokes Entertainment Inc. will continue to take the necessary steps toward resolving this matter through the legal system."

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6

AlciiaSolis

How could anyone be that stupid,as a public figure to have not resolved this, to be branded as lower than pond s***,basically.....? What is $425,000 to Garth Brooks, and what is "thinking" not to have seen this coming? Estupida,estupida...

Larry McGee

It's good to know there's something else in the world besides TIGER WOODS - TIGER WOODS - TIGER WOODS.

says who

sounds as is she didn't get her way also so out of the blue she makes up a bunch of crap and now is sueing she isn't very honest either if she new ant of this was going on for over 20 years and didn't say anything.

philly25

I bet there is more out ther him and his production company has ripped off becuase I'm also one of them...I went to some lawyers and they said he has more money than God so hang it up...So I did eventually.....

philly25

charlie

another one crawls out of the past for money..lies ..lies..lies

Deneen Caprio

So let me see if I understand....you worked for him for 20 years, and all of a sudden you came to this conclusion? I don't believe a word of it!

blair

I still love him. Have you listened to "we shall be free" lately? he is progressive and wonderful! <3

noneed

After reading some of these comments, I like
Garth even more. All these whiners are funny.
First wife, don't like'm move on, done thousands
of times everyday, no big deal. When divorced
they are history, so long, not part life, take a
hike, no mo money, DUH

Doubt this person
was as much help to garth career as claims. Just
a hanger on with fingers in the pie ??????

Patty1953

Why didn't that nut job file this YEARS ago??? I think she YEARS too late!

Jolie

Feb. 2014 - Brooks won lawsuit against Lisa Sanderson http://www.tennessean.com/article/20140213/NEWS01/302130165/Garth-Brooks-prevails-226-000-lawsuit-against-former-employee

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6