Rookie News Anchor

Fired Instantly

After On-Air F-Bomb

4/22/2013 11:06 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
You Gotta See This!

042213_anchor_nbc_launch
That was fast ... a rookie news anchor in North Dakota has been fired before he even started ... less than a day after dropping an embarrassing f-bomb on live TV.

The anchor's name is A.J. Clemente -- and you have to see the footage, which aired yesterday ... his first day on the job. It's incredible. Not only does he cuss on the air, he also plain sucks.

And A.J.'s superiors didn't waste any time cutting him loose -- he tweeted this morning, saying he'd been canned over the flub. He wrote, "Rookie mistake. I'm a free agent. Can't help but laugh at myself and stay positive. Wish i didnt trip over my 'Freaking Shoes' out of the gate."

Welcome to the viral video hall of fame, pal.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

WTF

And the guy that hired him in the first place should be fired for hiring such an idiot.

wow

Don't know why they bothered to fire this young buck; cursing is entrenched in our everyday language now. Everywhere one goes there's someone saying f*** this and f*****g s*** that. Not my favorite polite speak in public, but it seems to be the norm now. I look forward to the day when Dianne Sawyer lets it all loose on air!

laura

I guess they set the bar really low in North Dakota...

disembedded

Hire him at TMZ! Now! Yes, right now! Watch your ratings go right through the roof!

LuvLeeRita

Not only did he curse, he came off as a moron anyway! The person(s) who hired him in the first place should have been fired too.

Who is the parent

Def a rookie mistake. But he has the right attitude re learning from your mistakes, owning them and moving on. He will bounce back. I do recommend Toastmasters to him. I'm sure their is a local chapter in his neighborhood. They do wonders re public speaking and being at ease talking in large audiences. Best of luck to the guy.

Truth

He got fired because he said 'gay' in that context. Not the other word. That's who runs the media now.

Truth

DUDE SHOULD BE FIRED FOR SUCKING LIKE SH*T ALONE... OBVI FROM HIS ATTITUDE HE DINT GIVE A CRAP AND CANT F*CKING SPEAK REGULAR ANGLAIS. AS FOR THE F-BOMB, BITCH PLEASE... ALL THE IDIOTS ON AIR HAVE DONE THE SAME SH*T OFF AIR. JUST THIS IDIOT WAS CAUGHT. #TRUTH!!

Mel

I hear the local grocery store needs a new bag boy.....

Wow ...

Good call. Highly unprofessional for the first day on the job, don't you think?

TheEric

Neither of them can for a coherent sentence.

SammyG

Is he related to Ryan Lochte?

OH NO!

He did about as well as Sasquatch Kardashian.

Alpha Bet

Canned forom a TV station in North Dakota. You were already at the bottom. Now what?

whatsup

Doesn't surprise me. This guy graduated from West Virginia University. WVU is rated in the top 5 schools in the nation as one of the biggest party schools. I am from West Virginia, I see these idiots on a daily basis. Our idiotic legislature just voted to do away with oversight of WVU in terms of the Higher Education Policy Commission. This comes as no surprise.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments