Lindsay Lohan

Scores Rehab Victory ... Maybe

5/2/2013 7:59 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0502-tmz-judge-dabney-merk-hellerLindsay Lohan may have gotten away with it again ... she checked into a rehab facility that was NEVER approved by prosecutors and the judge seems like he's down with the change.

TMZ broke the story ... Lindsay checked into Morningside Recovery this morning in Newport Beach.  As we previously reported ... prosecutors and Lindsay's lawyer, Mark Heller -- who wore a tie that could itself be a felony -- had agreed she would enroll in Seafield Center in Westhampton Beach, NY.  Heller never gave prosecutors a heads-up that Lindsay was flying to CA last night to enroll in Morningside.

As we reported, Lindsay made the change because Seafield wouldn't let her smoke at the facility ... but smoking was permitted at Morningside.

A furious prosecutor -- Santa Monica City Attorney Terry White -- clearly felt blindsided by the change, saying he learned about it from the media yesterday.  White also expressed misgivings about Morningside, saying he found 3 articles "condemning" the facility.

050213_lohan_prosecutor_launch
As for what prosecutor White was talking about ... in 2012 State investigators suspended Morningside's license for allegedly being careless with prescription drugs.  And at least 9 families of patients reportedly sued the facility for failing to deliver treatment.  At the time, a State official called Morningside, "a substantial threat" to the health and safety of the public.

But Judge Jim Dabney looked at some of the paperwork about Morningside and said on its face it seemed like the rehab joint was acceptable, but he's giving prosecutors a week from Friday to investigate.

For now, Lindsay will stay at Morningside -- where she can smoke as many cigarettes as she wants.

newsjunkie69

This is an absolute joke. She must be blowing the judge.

Suzy Q

What have we learned?

Judges really have no power.
Prosecutors really have no power.
Heller wore a fantastical tie (almost clown like)
Lindsay showed everyone she's the boss.

pstar

I earned my GED so when I get out of prison I'm moving back to LA and be a judge

tleeg

UN-FU*KIN-BELIEVABLE!!!!!!! ANOTHER SLAP ON THE WRIST. DOES THIS JUDGE HAVE A VAGINA????

darisa

Once again, TMZ is proved wrong.

Tracy

I don't know why I continue to be astonished by the things this young woman gets away with, and yet I am. She gives authorities the proverbial bird and they say "Thank you Miss, may I have another."

theroyalgs

Seems like the lawyer TMZ calls a "Douchebag" is W.I.N.N.I.N.G ....................................................... and TMZ on it's predictions is "FAIL"

mark

How many BJs is this corrupt idiot Judge getting, or he is just a worthless pity party lib who hold his agenda more important then court integrity. Only in California land of fruits and nuts is Courts held in such utter contempt.

pstar

The plus side about Morningside is Lilo can score all the drugs she wants and the public can feel relief that she won't need to drive to get them

Jenna5960

When she eventually has to go to the Nee York facility (since this place is a joke) they better make her start the 90 days over. It's unbelievable what this chick gets away with. You would think she was a Kardashian lol.

MAX

the judges will keep letting her off until she's in her grave ..ba bye see ya

Hefe

At this point, I'm pretty sure she could commit murder & not serve an hour in jail.

HelloDerps

How come this dumb b!tch gets to keep making up her own FKN RULES??? THIS IS SUCH BS what a joke...

pstar

Is it true that when you check in at Morningside they give you a personal prescription pad? If so, I'm coming to LA and going on a crime spree ( Charlie Sheen shot me down when I asked if he'd pay my bill)

FIRECROTCH RIDES AGAIN

Just had to return. Here is the link for FIVE PAGES of license revocations/suspensions. Enjoy LLFF you fruitcake http://www.adp.state.ca.us/Licensing/pdf/Suspended_and_Revoked_Programs.pdf