Shanna Moakler

Breastfeeding Is 'Incestual and Gross'

5/7/2013 8:05 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

050713_shanna_moakler_launch_v2
Shanna Moakler believes her boobs are for adults only ... not babies ... telling TMZ she views the act of breastfeeding as "incestual" and "gross."

Moakler -- who has three kids -- was leaving a birthday party at the Emerson Theatre in Los Angeles when she explained, "I just look at my breasts as, like, sexual."

She added, "I'm selfish."

Still, the former beauty queen and reality star tells us she supports women who DO want to breastfeed ... but she makes it clear, she's a formula kind of a girl.

Previous 15 Comments | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12

gabtimben

She is ridiculous! Breast were not made to be sexual or to show off! They were givin to us to nurse our children! They were never meant to be a sexual thing. Its really sad she has that mind set. Yes she is self amd iggnorant. My son is a year and half and I am still nursing! Its such a stronger bond between a mother and son. Breast is best all the way!

Ray

Any mother who is capable of breast feeding and doesn't should be arrested for child abuse...period. Formula was NEVER intended to be a replacement for breast feeding, it was invented for the mothers who are incapable of breast feeding. Parents these days are so lazy that a child bearing license should be required to have a child along with a background check because criminals shouldn't be allowed to procreate.

Leah Doughty

I tried to breastfeed my son and i felt so uncomfortable. His father was breastfeed and was strongly against us breastfeeding because to this day he feels nasty thinking about being that close to his mother. We are pregnant with our second and i am going to pump because i do agree that breast milk is amazing.

Annetta Hobson

I actually agree with Shanna. I feel that the breast is sexual. I think that it is a choice!!!

Raven1976

Let Shanna think what she wants. I didn't breastfeed my kids. Both are A honor roll students, one of which is a GT student and both are far from overweight!

texaslovestmz

Shanna is not alone. I felt exactly the same thing. I did breast feed for the first 6 weeks, but it was a feeling of incest to me. I have never told anyone ever about it. The fact that she says it out loud does make me feel better about how I felt. Sorry everyone, America has made breasts sexual things and focused on them as sexual content. Then to tell women, now, don't feel it is sexual to breast feed. Why are breast feeding women in public crucified due to the sexual nature. I agree with Shanna, it is your choice to do what is right for you. Stop with ****ing women over for their choices. My daughter was breastfed, my son was 2 months early and could not breastfeed. He got pumped milk. Either way, it is society that has made the female breast and breastfeeding a sexual thing. Let women go shirtless in our society so that our breasts are not considered play things for men, but the vessel that they were intended for. Good luck with that.

Annetta Hobson

I believe that breastfeeding is a choice. It was uncomfortable for me as well. In my case the breasts is sexual. I have six children and I attempted to breast feed one of them because of a condition she had. I tried it for two weeks and when she was better I immediately stopped. Leave the woman alone! This is a free country and we can say and make what ever decisions we see fit!

Previous 15 Comments | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12