Jodi Arias

Death Penalty

Hangs in the Balance

5/16/2013 11:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0516-jodi-aries-sub-today
Jodi Arias -- the woman found guilty of brutally murdering her ex-boyfriend Travis Alexander back in 2008 -- is back in court today in Arizona ... where a jury will decide whether to impose the death penalty.

Arias was convicted last week, and yesterday ... the jury decided she was eligible for the death penalty because of the extremely cruel nature of the murder.

Now, the same jury will decide if she'll actually get the death penalty ... or life in prison.

So far in court today, Travis' little brother and sister have given emotional statements in favor of giving Jodi the death sentence. Jodi was visibly upset the entire time.

Travis' little brother Steven told the jury, "I don't want these nightmares anymore. I don't want to have to see my brother's murderer anymore."

051613_steven_alexander_launch
Travis' sister Samantha added, "Travis was our strength, our constant beacon of hope."

Officials say Alexander sustained nearly 30 stab wounds and a gunshot wound on June 4, 2008.  Arias had argued she killed Alexander in self-defense.  0515-jodi-aries-tmz

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

shannon

I hope she stays miserable in prison for life.

Canadasux

Didn't she also decapitate the guy? = Death Penalty!

Fred Farkel

She asked for the death penalty so the jury would do the opposite and let her live.

So give her the death penalty AND MAKE SURE THAT ALL OF YOU SCREWED UP JODE ARIAS AND CASEY ANTHONY WANNABEES see what's up.

Shoozie

At least she is in AZ instead of Calif. or NY. Joe the Sheriff doesn't play games.

Laura

I realize this is beside the point, but what in hell is her attorney always writing? She's always, always writing. It sure hasn't helped their case.

jl

Skank, Whore and Three Hole Wonder

DTD

No! No death penalty let her rot in jail for the next 60 years.

OooooNooo!

Death penalty should be public -- starting with her.

KEN

NICE SHIRT FAT BARNEY

Elsa

Id be ok with death by meat injection if ya know what i mean. its what she deserves.

Nancy

She looks so matronly. I hope she gets a beating so bad in jail, it disfigures her and makes her uglier than what she is now and has to live with and look at it for the rest of her life. That's punishment enough for a narcissist such as her. I know it's cruel but she has no remorse and cares only about herself.

drod2070

b!tches be crazy! This woman is one of the most manipulative, calculating and downright SCARIEST women that I have EVER seen. I am hoping for some good old fashioned jailhouse justice for her...

Shoozie

Hmmm, she is young, has a family (who made her childhood "turmultuous' and OMG she has artistic ability, therefore, she should NOT get the death penalty. HA! Hang her high!!

melanielanderson@live.com

execute her already like the way she killed that
guy but make her suffer alot.

Lisa

Oh please, even if they give her the death penalty, they will reduce to a life sentence in a matter of years. I watched a lot of crime stories to know that America does not have the balls to execute women. I think only 1% or even less (my guess) of women who have received the death penalty actually were put to death.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments