TMZ Live

Paula & the N-Word

'Old' Excuse for Racism

6/20/2013 11:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
TMZ Live

062013_tmzlive

Paula Deen's doing damage control ... giving us a new explanation for why she used the n-word -- and she's basically blaming the South and her old age. Does that excuse hold water for you?

Plus, James Gandolfini's sudden death -- we'll tell you what we've learned about how he spent his last hours in Italy, and roll some of our fave clips with James.

Also, Kate Upton's boobs ... EXPOSED! Did the world's most wanted supermodel just give away the ultimate cash cow ... FOR FREE???
TMZLive-Download-Podcast-Graphic
tmzlive-play-by-play-1

(0:00) Paula Deen tries to explain her use of the n-word -- and just digs herself a deeper hole. Chef Rock Harper joins us to explain why she's way off base.
(7:00) James Gandolfini was one of the best -- we'll tell you why.
(10:00) Kate Upton topless! And we're getting a lot of hate mail because we censored it.
(14:00) New England Patriots star Aaron Hernandez -- the O.J. Simpson connection.
(18:00) Gza from the Wu Tang Clan is using rap to teach kids science -- and it's ingenious?
(24:00) Kim Kardashian had to have a baby amongst the regular folk ... and it's all Dwight Howard's fault.
(28:00) Charles Saatchi -- the art collector who choked his wife in public -- Harvey (who just got back from England) explains the story from an across the pond perspective.
(32:00) "50 Shades of Grey" movie picked a female director -- we'll tell you why people were shocked by the choice.
(36:00) The floor is yours!
(41:00) It's time again for Tim's rejected pitches of the week.

KnuckleDragger

Wow! I think Raquel had twins. You can see them under her shirt!

KnuckleDragger

I have no idea what 50 Shades of Grey is about.

Wow ...

Standing ovation for Gza! I love to hear stories like this and wish more celebrities engaged the kids positively. Especially where the kids idolize them. I'd rather see this guy rapping than Miley singing we can't stop. JS (Of course Miley will be ok, but will her fans - If all they do is party?)

Crackhead

Where is the uncensored video, TMZ? I heard a rumor that TMZ bought the video and you guys are sitting on it. If this is true and the uncensored video never gets shown outside of your offices, you and I are done TMZ. Ya, got that?

KnuckleDragger

Skyper...get a job!

KnuckleDragger

Harvey/Charles...you need to start selling t-shirts:
I'M ONE OF
TIM'S
REJECTS

D-INCARNATION

Harvey HAD a gerbil

budweediii

People really need to learn to NOT be offended by words. They only mean what you want them to mean, nothing more. It's on you if some random strangers words upset you.

Frankknowsbest

If she doesn't get cut from food network something is totally wrong.

Anonymity Aardvark

Good gawd TMZ staff... what's with the Kate Upton obsession?!? She's a dime a dozen blonde with big boobs... so what! She wouldn't even make my top 100 list of hot celebs. You can see hotter women walking the streets of LA or NYC any day.

bino1952

I was a teenager during the civil rights movement in the 60"s. That word was part of the American culture. Fortunately, as we get older we realize the hate and racist thoughts of our parents don't have to be ours. Paula may have lived though that time - but she should have matured enough by now to realize it is a nasty, hateful word. If the comments about the wedding servers she wanted is true, then she is indeed a racist.

caseybuzz

Leave paula alone!! She ain't racist....why do people always play the race card!!! Get over it..who cares...do I get mad when a black guy calls me fat white trash..No! I'm more upset he called me Fat! Grow up leave her alone..who cares people. Move to another country if u don't like it!!!! Team paula..:)

linda

I think it's crazy about Paula Deen if she said she never said the word everyone would call her a liar.I don't know one person who hasn't said that word including the blacks

Eb

Oh please! She used the word more than 20 years ago and people want to make a big deal out of nothing. Let it go!

fooman2

Paula Paula Paula Why do people care if you said n. Seriously were not perfect people. I was called a cracker by an African American gangster. Ouch that hurt me.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments