Kim & Kanye

North West Is Non-Directional

6/24/2013 5:40 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0623-kanye-west-kim-kardashian-tmz-north
Kim Kardashian
and Kanye West were not inspired by a compass when they named their kid North ... fact is, the name's more inspirational than directional.

Sources close to K & K tell TMZ  ... they chose the name North because they see it as a metaphor for "up", telling friends, "What's North of North? Nothing."  Translation ... nothing better.

We're told the duo believes baby North is their highest point together as a couple ... the pinnacle of the relationship ... and they consider her their "North Star."

Kinda sweet. Almost makes ya feel bad for mocking it, right?

Almost.

0621_kim_kanye_parents_footer

Ummmmm

Bowl sheet stupid excuse for a stupid name bet momma kris even thinks it's a doozy

Jordan

They were just inspired by Northwest Airlines!!!!!!!

Italia

"North West Is Non-Directional"
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
"North West" is nothing else but directional.
There is no other meaning for "North" or for "West" other than those are directions.

rico

Thanks TMZ, I just lost my breakfast,

nanners

That doesn't even sound like a good excuse.. the name has no sentimental meaning..what they going to say to their daughter when she asks why she got such a stupid name..a compass told us to...hope she b***h slaps them...

tina

I am so sick of these kardashian's the whole family has dollar signs coming out of their eyes,ears ect. especially chris and kim . What are they famous for I say to myself and can't find a reason so I say NOTHING!! If people would stop making such a big deal over them it'll stop enough is enough. Their reality show is really not real it's all fake so wake up people,

Someone's goldfish

The baby's name is North, and they'll call her Nori for short.
Nori is:
1) a type of edible seaweed
2) a dwarf from The Hobbit

Well thought out.

tina

I think they are naming this child North to throw people off,they have plans believe me,no one can be that stupid .

telldatruth

Oh I can believe this kid is going to be non-directional. Just like her parents as clueless as a pair of lab rats. Poor thing is going to be made fun of all her life due to that stupid name and her dumb parents.

Jackie

stupid people are gonna keep on doing stupid things because that's what they are

Mike

"Almost makes ya feel bad for mocking it, right?"

Uh, no.

Tired

Kim is a ugly cow who is just out for attention and kanye is just plain old ignorant . I pity the poor child

tamara

A picture is worth a thousand words. That above pic says it all! LMAO

rlemons

No it's a freaking horrible name. If your gonna call her "Nori" then name her that. I hate these two and can't wait for the day they break up. They may marry but I can assure you it's not forever.

vanessa

kim kardashian and kanye west it is still a direction you could of done better with the name for your baby when you baby gets older and starts going to school that baby will be made fun of because of the name you gave her and she might or might not make any friends please do use all a favor and change it to something better enough said