Paula Deen

Dropped by Walmart

6/26/2013 1:05 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0626-paula-deen-tmz-walmart
Another one bites the dust ... Paula Deen has just been dropped by Walmart.

The retail giant just released a statement, saying, "We are ending our relationship with Paula Deen Enterprises and we will not place new orders beyond those already committed."

Walmart is Paula's latest business partner to sever ties with the celebrity chef in the wake of her n-word scandal ... a list that includes the Food Network, the Caesars casino company, and the ham company Smithfield.

Deen appeared on "Today" this morning, offering a tearful apology -- saying, "If there's anyone out there that has never said something that they wish they could take back ... please pick up that stone and throw it so hard at my head that it kills me."

0626_PAULA_DEEN_HAPPIER_FOOTER

Tony H.

This is totally overkill. Enough already of piling on this woman.

janet

Thats a massive hit. She's getting slammed all over.

Kraut Boy

BWAAAAHAAAAAHAAAAHAAAA!!!!

BB not bb

Her soup ladle was likely the best thing I ever got from Walmart. That is there loss. Most of their contractors sell garbage but she offered a quality product.

I heard Walmart has been accused of racism anyway. I heard they used to lock up illegal Mexicans in the store overnight and pay them below minimum wages too.

Most of their products are produced by slave labor in China. I really don't see how they are in a position to judge someone else's words.

I think the N word is such a nit picky detail to take offense over. People use it to seem morally superior that they are that meticulous about it, but they probably do much worse things anyway.

I feel sad to see Paula taking it personally. I don't feel like she is a racist or a bad person. She is probably less racist than a lot of people. She is willing to be honest, so I feel like she doesn't have anything worth hiding.

Paula is smart and has two sons who help her. I am sure she could find another way to market her kitchen gadgets if she wanted to. She could probably open an online store and all of the people who have been crowding her restaurant in support could also support her online.

I can vouch for the soup ladle. I have never seen another one like it in any store. It looks like it could have come from a colonial kitchen. The horizontal design keeps the steam from burning your hand over a hot pot. It is just a wonderful item.

Tee

This is way too much. We have all said bad things before and didn't mean it the way it was taken. Enough is enough Jesus forgives up on a daily basis and we can't forgive one comment. Sad

bbwlover1969

Yet wal mart will continue to sell rap and hip hop cd's that are filled with that word and will gladly take the money. Hypocrisy at its best.

Sue from jersey

Walmart sucks but so does Paola dean and her family we have all heard of those Walmart announcements over their loud speaker maybe they should drop theirselves

Annette Williams

Guess she should have stomped on the American Flag like Lil Wayne and still have their cd's sold at Wallyworld.

USArmy

Whenever the next race baiter makes a racist statement I hope Matt has that person on and grills them like he did to Paula. I don't remember him having Marion Barry on his show after his last racist remarks. Oh wait, I forget Barry is black so gets a pass. Where was the demand from the media that he resign? Why wasn't he asked by the national media if he was a racist?

renee

walmart needs to worry about other things other than ms.deen.like sassy people that work there 24 isles only 2 open .really the n word 26 years ago.get over it...

Sarah

LOL do y ou really think boycotting these big companies will make them sell her stuff or hurt them? Think again they were there long before PD and will be there long after.

J

Paula is almost 70 and a multi-millionaire. Yes, this has gotten out of hand but she'll be fine.

Ann-G

Well, not a loss at Walmart. Her cookware is incredibly overpriced as it is. I went to grab a stoneware baking dish one year, and expected to pay around $30, and it rung up for over $100. ONE baking dish. Paula's crap is not worth that much.

That being said, I think people are being too hard on her. I dont like racism at all, but Paula Deen is a celebrity chef. The only aspect that her celebrity comes from is how to cook food with her methods. The food doesnt come out as a biggot. Her alleged small minded beliefs arent leaked out when she teaches people to cook with lard. I'll have a problem with her being on TV if she's stupid enough to say something that actually offends me.

BH90210

You know it is not good when a dumb hick company like Walmart which sells crap to other dumb hicks drops a dumb hick like Paula Deen.

Catrina

hahahahahaha...I bet you toothless inbreds won't stop shopping at Walmart...