Paula Deen

Fries Relationship with Agent

7/5/2013 7:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0705_paula_deen_tmz2Paula Deen is finally on the other end of a severed business relationship ... she's cutting ties with her agent following the recent fallout from her admission to using the N-word.

Deen's rep, Elana Weiss, said in a statement that Deen "has separated from" New York agent Barry Weiner.

Weiss went on to say that Deen and her family "thank him for the tireless effort and dedication over the many years."

Since the leak of a deposition in which Deen admitted to using the N-word in the past, she has lost deals with the likes of The Food Network, Wal-Mart, Target, JCPenney, Kmart, Sears and her book publisher.

Tracey

Looks like she should fry her stylist too.

Edwood

He dumped me and I didn't even call him the N Word.

I is what I is, ignorant.

OooooNooo!

She "cut ties" to her Weiner.! Now THAT is a headline! Get with it TMZ

Beer for thought

I don't think she deserved all of that, She's not racist, just REALLY ignorant . If things were handled differently she wouldn't be in this situation, whoever was in charge of her PR F'ed up big time. it's really unfortunate, her life and brand are ruined just because of a stupid remark made in the past. People who aren't in the spotlight do it all the time, but it's likely not going to ruin our lives! But as soon as money is involved and people are no longer considered human but a "brand" I guess things change. Ease up on Paula, she is what she is....yeesh.

CaMeO

Guess she wanted to do some firing herself

Susan

I still say it was not only using the N word but the plantation, old south theme birthday party she was planning. Also, she needs to stop saying y'all every 2 seconds & I agree, pick yourself up & put on a wig.

Kimberly

She is unloading dependents. There is nothing left TO Manage!!

Toilethead

That whole thing has been totally blown out of proportion.

STFUP

Who needs an agent when you have no clients? lol
SO sick of this story. Why doesn't the b~~ch just take the MILLIONS she earned in her 11 YEARS with The Food Network & just retire?

jen

I was more disturbed by the way she romanticized and downplayed slavery.

ratbag

Another brilliant decision. Blame the agent for planning a plantation wedding, for treating staff like sub-humans, for dropping the n-word, admitting it then lying about it, for making herself a national joke with interviews blaming her staff for swearing in the kitchen. She needs to fire herself, STFU and go away.

Rebecca

What I don't understand is why are people so offended by the thought of a plantation wedding? I can understand if she stole black people, chained them up and didn't pay them for the work they did. However, if these black people are hired and paid, doesn't that make them willing participants and if they have no problem with the work then why should you or I?

Also, if she had this plantation wedding and hired white people to be the plantation workers, then would black people be offended because they weren't hired to do a "historically" black job?

It's time for her to retire, though. She definitely needs to just shut her lips and quit talking. Time to lay low, Paula.

shadough

She made me sick the way she groveled and used bad grammar. Who cares she talked about antebellum days? That's the way it was, and blacks never shut up about it.

Sandra

BORING!!!!!

Shoozie

She should just come back home to Savannah and be with her family, friends and at her restaurant like in the old days. She became rich and famous, now it's time to spend time with family. Besides, she has 2 grandbabies she should be spending time with.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments