George Zimmerman

Not Off the Hook (Maybe) ...

FEDS Could Prosecute

7/14/2013 3:25 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0714_zimmerman_justice_department_getty
The U.S. Department of Justice is now investigating the shooting death of Trayvon Martin ... meaning, if slapped with federal charges, George Zimmerman could face jail time -- even after his not guilty verdict.

The DOJ issued a statement Sunday ... revealing they are looking into the case, evaluating the evidence (including testimony from the State trial) -- and will determine whether or not federal prosecutors should file criminal civil rights charges against Zimmerman.

Here's why it's important ... Zimmerman was found not guilty on Saturday of both second-degree murder and manslaughter when tried by the State of Florida -- and is technically a free man.

But since the news broke ... civil-rights activists have been up in arms​, like Al Sharpton and the NAACP who are clamoring for the DOJ to bring civil rights charges against Zimmerman.

If the Feds decide to go through with new criminal charges ... then a jail sentence is back on the table.

Although, according to legal experts, it will be an uphill battle to prove in court that Zimmerman was motivated solely by race.

chrissa

why don't these prosecutor ******* go after a banker once in a while.

Jessi

There was no proof this was racially motivated...Zimmerman is half Hispanic., still a minority as was trayvon.. This guy was a policeman wannabe who thought he was doing his civic duty...people need to stop thinking that both victims are of different races,it's always race- oriented .....

Justin Sisson

I don't understand what the fuss is. So Zimmerman followed him. He was just trying to preserve his neighborhood. It was the kids fault for jumping him and hitting his head on the ground. If I had some kid on top of me, white or black, hitting my head on the ground... I would shoot him too if I had a pistol handy on my hip.

It WAS self defense. Someone following you does not give you the right to jump them, and common sense would say to DEFINITELY not do it if they have a gun. If you do, you will face the consequence, which may result in the loss of your life.

All of these black people I see raging on about him getting off without a sentence... THEY ARE the racist ones. Get the stupid out of your head and realize that if this was a black guy that shot the kid, nothing would come of it. They are ONLY freaking the hell out because a white (actually Mexican I think) guy killed a black guy.

These black people just think they should be indestructible. They believe they shouldn't be allowed to be hit back if they assault someone or it's racism. I'm going to say from the bottom of my heart on this, I hate the way black people act these days. I hate it. Yes white people enslaved you, YEARS ago. You have since been given your freedom, rights, and citizenship. The world has changed a lot since then. Then fact is the blacks dwell on this racism thing a lot more than whites... In my opinion, it's over, grow up, get over it, be happy your people are no longer enslaved.

And stop walking around with your pants below your ass with boxers hanging out. It's disgusting that some of these guys can't even properly operate something as simple as a belt. It's meant for holding the pants above your waist, not below your ass.

Thanks, just my $0.02.

shar

they should then go back and check all cases.

pax

I hope it goes forward and that they present the case better than Florida.

Mee

The Jury rendered it's lawful verdict and the President has spoken.
STREET VIOLENCE by the IGNORANT will not help amend "STAND YOUR GROUND LAWS"

News Flash

Florida Stand Your Ground Law will protect against any civil or civil rights law suits. If anyone sues they could owe GZ money. Zimmerman is a FREE man.

KimBegone

So I can go to Florida, with a gun, find someone totally minding their own business, harass them until they get physical, shoot them dead, then go have a burger? Cool!

Quiet

geez.. everyone knows where he lives.. just walk infront of him when he wallking his dog and turn around and give it to him. say he was following you too.

now pay taxes to keep him prison. set him free is wrong too.

someone just karma the fat bastard

mugadoon

I disagreed with the verdict myself, but they need to LET THIS GO. They will NEVER get a conviction on this. This is a waste of taxpayer money and will do ZIPPO for race relations.

I'm Not A Lawyer

Why was there even a trial?

If George Zimmerman was convicted the blacks would say - justice is done.

If he wasn't convicted the blacks would cry racism.

During the Salem witch trials, you were guilty until proven guilty.

That is what the black community is doing here.

They will throw him in the river with stones attached to his body. If he drowns he is innocent, if he floats he is guilty... and they put him to death anyway.

Enough racism - racism is a two way street with the blacks directing traffic.

Truth

"it will be an uphill battle to prove in court that Zimmerman was motivated solely by race"

How about IMPOSSIBLE. The FBI itself said GZ wasn't a racist. But it allows TMZ to msu, as usual, about somebody "going to jail".

Lorenzo

What about the 3 black lowlives that raped and killed a white girl recently? Funny how that did not get any media attention!

I think I am going to become the WHITE AL SHARPTON OR MAYBE THE CRACKERED OUT VERSION OF JESSE JACKSON BECAUSE THESE ISSUES NEED MORE ATTENTION!!!

Truth

The lesson here is, you don't bring tea and skittles to a gun fight. The kid brought it on himself. But black people are NEVER RESPONSIBLE for anything. It's always someone else's fault.

Dan

U.S Justice of Department?