Stephenie Meyer

DISSES

'Fifty Shades of Grey' Author

8/10/2013 12:45 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

080913_stephanie_meyer_launch
Screw professional courtesy ... "Twilight" author Stephenie Meyer says she won't give E.L. James any casting advice for the upcoming "Fifty Shades of Grey" movie .. because she REFUSES TO READ THE BOOK!!!

Meyer was leaving Hemmingway's in Hollywood with some friends last night when she fired the shot ... and it ain't the first time she's taken aim at the S&M-heavy trilogy.

Earlier this year, Meyer told The Guardian "50 Shades" was "too smutty" for her taste -- explaining, "Erotica is not something I read. I don't even read traditional romance."

It's unclear how E.L. feels about the diss -- but we're guessing she'd probably give Stephenie a pair of those ben wa balls and tell her to go (well, you know) herself.

JasonG

Stephanie Meyer is an active member of the LDS Church so of course she is not going to publicly endorse the book.

50 Shades of Grey is a Twilight Fan Fiction that has been scrubbed to stand on it's own. Christian Grey is Edward and Anastasia is Bella. There is at least one other Twilight Fan Fiction that was published.

tgrfan42069

another sub par book is about to be made into a crappy movie.but will bank tons of money due to the title and hype

DumbingDown

Remember when Stephen King **** on HER writing skills?

EasilyHard

A rich late twenty something into bondage meets a frigid girl or millions of free x x x flix online Hmmmmmm what's more erotic ????

Dak

Good for her! I agree 100%. Now if only she could fix the mentality of all these kids on Yahoo Answers who are trying to figure out how to become vampires.

Ali

What's interesting is that both "shades" and "twilight" sucked. And they sucked badly. Only morons flocked to read that drivel.

Tiggy

Both book series were so poorly written and contrived that I'm surprised she dared to even open her mouth on the subject.

Pot, have you met kettle? lol

FREEWILLY

Her writing is terrible and she is not a film maker so she has zero qualification to offer advice. On a side note, it looks like she reads a lot of cook books.

Youphemism

Good people of TMZ: As I'm sure you know, your esteemed literary colleague Ernest spelled his last name with only one "m," as does the local establishment that is his namesake.

Amazing that this typo managed to navigate its way through your rabid, rarely breeched editorial gauntlet.

lynn

OMG...the Twilight crap is at a fourth grade reading level....check if you don't believe me!

Comanchegurl

I'm not very religious but I felt the same way. I personally wanna be w my husband, not read some old chicks fantasies.

Livvie

All those books Twilight and the glorified fan fiction called 50 Shades SUCK!!! They're all huge steaming piles of s.h.i.t.

Carriejane

I don't see how saying "I don't read those types of books" is a diss ? its not her cup of tea. big deal.

Shayli

All you guys with your negative comments about Twilight and Fifty Shades..,, guess who laughing at you all? The authors because of all the money that made off of those books. Jokes on you..., ha, ha, ha

InTheKnow

How is it a dis to say you won't read a book because you don't like a certain genre? Is she obligated?

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments