Katie Couric to Kim K.

I'm Sawwwy

I Don't Hate Your Family

8/16/2013 4:10 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0816_katy_couric_kim_kardashian_ipad_tmz
Katie Couric insists her baby gift to Kim Kardashian and Kanye West was not a fake Hollywood gesture -- and says her comments about Kim's family were taken out of context.

Kim put Katie on blast today when she Instagrammed a pic of Katie's gift and card with the hashtag #IHateFakeMediaFriends.

Kim was pissed because Katie recently said in an interview that she didn't understand why the Kardashians are famous.

Now Katie's explaining the comment, saying ... "I've met Kim before and I think she's a really sweet person.  I was responding to a reporter's question, and explaining how I'm intrigued by the public's fascination with her family."

She added, "I didn’t mean to hurt her feelings."

As for the gift, Katie says ... "The gift is genuine, and I'm happy for Kim and Kanye."

We're guessing Katie can still expect something in the mail.

Annie

She doesn't understand the obsession, yet sends a baby gift to someone she hardly knows. Look in the mirror for your answer Katie.

PeopleDoTheMost

Kim's Instagram diss to Katie is immature! She is a mother now! There are alot things that she is doing to please Kanye not knowing that man may walk away any time he wants to.

peanut23

A sex tape was exposed. In all honesty please don't tell me she was a victim cause that whole thing was the whole reason we know them and they all took advantage to make money. Sux but smart for them. Only real thing to say what goes up.....

nof

I like Katie.

Think she's done an amazing job for herself.

It's this frenzy AGAINST the Kardashians I don't get.

Like ... like what'd they DO?!

I understand being beautiful, famous and rich is a big-time felony around here.

Can't it be reduced to a misdemeanor?

Or...or time served?

Drew

That whole family is trash. When mommy Chris directs and produces her own daughters sex tape, it's screams class doesn't it....

joan

I'm not a fan of Katie's, but she has no need to aplogize to Kim, who is famous for a sex tape and just been nasty and mean-spirited.

Lynne

Katie wins this one and the Kardashians and their little messenger Harvey the co host for Kris Jenner lose.

Funny Katie is on the same time as Kris in Los Angeles, someone bitter about the ratings?

BOHOE

Kim already re-gifted the outfit to Harvey - it was his size

halfpint

I agree with katie how in the world she got famous what did she do just ******ged a guy to get famous shes after money hey west dont get trick bag no marriage she sees dollar signs so does her family as juicy j say she's a rachi

Marilynpests

She isn't the only person who would like to know why they are celebrities .....

paul a.

Katie Couric is a snake

cementmixer

Katie you don't have to Apologize to that piece of s***.

baby

kartrashians are just that! TRASH!

The New Improved Sock Puppet

Disappointing.

Livvie

What a pathetic loser. The comment was not taken out of context. I can't stand either of those morons. One is a total kiss a.s.s and the other a c.u.m. dumpster.