Katie Couric to Kim K.

I'm Sawwwy

I Don't Hate Your Family

8/16/2013 4:10 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0816_katy_couric_kim_kardashian_ipad_tmz
Katie Couric insists her baby gift to Kim Kardashian and Kanye West was not a fake Hollywood gesture -- and says her comments about Kim's family were taken out of context.

Kim put Katie on blast today when she Instagrammed a pic of Katie's gift and card with the hashtag #IHateFakeMediaFriends.

Kim was pissed because Katie recently said in an interview that she didn't understand why the Kardashians are famous.

Now Katie's explaining the comment, saying ... "I've met Kim before and I think she's a really sweet person.  I was responding to a reporter's question, and explaining how I'm intrigued by the public's fascination with her family."

She added, "I didn’t mean to hurt her feelings."

As for the gift, Katie says ... "The gift is genuine, and I'm happy for Kim and Kanye."

We're guessing Katie can still expect something in the mail.

Elaine Treece

She doesn't even take care of her daughter. Nannies are raising her

JA

Picks up her baby when cameras around and smiles, say "I am a working mother, look at me"

Stephen Park

beep beep beep stand clear, reversing

News Flash

Kimya Koo-Con-ta is the fake one! She said no baby gifts, give to charity. Nobody talks to Katie like that.

News Flash

Technical Difficulties...Click Here And Try Try Try Try Again...

News Flash

Kim is a snotty nosed brat that has no manners or respect for anyone but herself. Don't think Katie Couric ain't got no fans. Good thing KHole has an armored truck, which is a joke capital J.

Leonard Washington

I would bang both of these broads, preferably at the same time.

my 2 cents

I suspect that Katie doesn't know that Kim is "the hardest working woman in the world" as per the self proclaimed "Queen of F'ing Everything"

TJ

Barbara Walters, Oprah Winfrey & now Katie Couric, What is it that you call these kind of people? Oh, yes,
sell outs & kiss ups.

Jan

Did fans love Katie on The Today Show because they felt sorry for her because of her husband's death? I do not think Katie is a good journalist at all. She is sorry because Kim exposed her. Team Kim on this one

Trooper Tom

Hey Katie you don't have to explain any thing you just said what millions of other people have been saying for a long time why are these tw*ts famous for any thing? Kim**** is the biggest fake in the world vain, vapid, self centered, over blown sense of importance but will always be remembered for her attempt at polishing nobs and letting the world watch her vayjay get worked over

my 2 cents

Katie also needs to rip into Barney's New York. Is this how they send out cards with gifts ? Geez

buzz kill

Their all a bunch of self absorbed phonies. Who gives a rats ass about any of them?

mary

I think kanye is behind kims calling out of Katie. it isn't kim style, but it is something west would do.

News Flash

Katie was just saying she didn't know why they are famous. What the F does KHo wim wo want Katie to say? KHo bimblow won 2 Emmys, 4 academy awards bla bla bla. The B is crazy! Look who she had a baby with!