« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Joey Chestnut

TASTES DEFEAT

Out-Eaten In World Gyoza Championships

8/19/2013 8:35 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

081913_joey_chestnut_luanch_v2
Joey Chestnut -- perhaps the greatest competitive eater in the history of food -- had a giant helping of DEFEAT at the World Gyoza Eating Championships this weekend ... and TMZ was there for the whole thing.

Chestnut -- the reigning Gyoza eating champion (266 in 2012) -- was chewed up and spit out by 21-year-old eating prodigy Matt Stonie ... the #4-ranked eater on Planet Earth.

It all went down at the Japanese American Cultural and Community Center in L.A. ... where Chestnut stomached 251 gyozas and Stonie threw down 268!!!!

After the competition, Stonie told TMZ he plans to fart a lot this week -- "It's competitive eating. What do you expect?"

As for Chestnut -- who still holds titles in hot dogs and chicken wings -- he said, "I just didn't find my rhythm and Stonie came out hungry."

Never one to lack confidence, Chestnut added -- "I'll be back next year. I'll win it."

0819_subasset_stonie

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

OMFG

NOT to be confused with being "Eaten Out"

Dan Frederiksen

Just stupid. You enlarge your stomach a lot and make obesity a certainty

Jay W.

I now have to go take a sh.t

DetroitRocks

I am sure I am not the only person who googled Gyoza

stu

NASTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wj

Stupidest so called sport ever. What are the bragging rights? YaY I ate enough in 5 min to feed 15 families!!

Dave

They didn't use chopsticks. You'd think the Japanese American Cultural and Community Center would have asked them to be a little more culturally sensitive. And as every proper Japanese person knows, gyoza are chinese food. My dad won't even order them in a japanese restaurant.

exmar

i hate this guy. stories about him only get posted because fat slob douche bags like mike and gary thnik this is cool.