Elizabeth Vargas

In Rehab

For Alcohol Abuse

11/6/2013 2:09 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

1106_elizabeth-vargas_getty
20/20” co-anchor Elizabeth Vargas has been MIA for weeks ... and now we know why -- she's been in rehab for alcohol abuse.

Vargas checked into rehab a couple weeks ago -- according to the NY Daily News -- and will remain in treatment for a few weeks more. She'll return to "20/20" when she's released from the rehab facility.

Vargas released a statement saying she suffers from addiction, claiming, "I realized I was becoming increasingly dependent on alcohol. And I feel fortunate to have recognized it for the problem it was becoming."

She adds, "Like so many others, I will deal with this challenge one day at a time."

ABC says it fully supports her and looks forward to welcoming Vargas back.

buggaz

She has great boobs

LuCha

Now she's a DRUNKEN-IDIOT.

GothamGirl

Always felt she had a lot of self-loathing, and the bitchy perfectionist thing. Never liked her, but hope she gets the help she needs.

JulieAnneT

I wish I were as brave - only good thoughts and prayers go out - like someone else said, no judgement here...

Italia

The twins themselves seem ready for a long stint in rehab. My guess is that both Charlie and Brooke were under the influence when they conceived the twins, or the twins are getting "contact" highs when Brooke is smoking her "stuff". Doctors need to check the twins to see what's in their blood stream.

Vote2012

When you are forced to lie all day on TV to protect and cover up for Obama that would drive any person to drink.

john johnson

i'm glad she is getting help for her problem. unfortunately, news correpondents and anchors are known dependents of alcohol, so she will be going right back to the fire when she returns to work.

davej

oohh no she had too many white zinfandels after work . cry me a river. too many white wine spritzers. Sad she has make up a fake story like to get attention to gain sympathy and boost her celebrity. Ohh she going to cry on TV when she comes back too I bet

Kitty Angel

Good Luck, Elizabeth! Wishing you the best during your recovery!

lkelly816

You see the old saying, "no one knows what goes on behind closed doors" is so so true.

I like her and wish her much success.

Applehead

Kathy Lee and Hoda are next.

girlshark

Booze sucks. Smoke weed.

JJ

I wish she had taken Toronto's Rob Ford with her.

get real

Good Luck to her. She is a Good reporter. One Never knows what goes on behind closed doors is a Fact. She has been getting thinner and thinner by the week. I wondered what was wrong. Very Thin. Maybe thats nothing to do with it.

NewJersey

Sorry but when I hear alcohol abuse or exhaustion, this means there was something else going on. Much of America is addicted to pills like Percocet, Oxycontin, Xanax, Ambien, and I have a feeling she was taking pills to help with those wierd long hours reporters have. Alcoholics dont get thin all the sudden. Just my opinion.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments