« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Seneca Wallace

I'm PROUD to Be Green Bay's

FIRST Black Starting QB

11/8/2013 1:00 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

1107-seneca-wallace-getty-packersWhen Seneca Wallace takes the field on Sunday, he'll be the first African-American starting QB in the history of the team ... and Seneca tells TMZ Sports he couldn't be more proud.

It's a huge milestone for GB, considering the organization is 94 years old -- the 3rd oldest franchise in the NFL.

Seneca tells TMZ Sports, "It's a great honor to be the first African American quarterback to start for the Green Bay Packers. All I'm focused on right now is preparing for the Eagles and giving the Packers the best opportunity to win ball games."

It's not like the Pack has had tons of turnover at the QB spot over the years -- Wallace is only the 4th starter since 1993 when Brett Favre (white) took the job from Don Majkowski (white).

Of course, Aaron Rodgers (white) followed him and Matt Flynn (white/burnout) started a couple of games when A.R. got hurt in 2010 & 2011.

1107_WHITE_QUARTERBACKS_LAUNCH_sub

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

kooky1970

I'm a Vikings fan for life but this is a cool story. Go Packers but were still going to whoop yah even though this season is lost. Skol Vikings!!

common sense

Sad that it took 94 years. Can u say desperate for wins.

Bmorecurls

wtf is tmz doing reporting sports....first off they are trying to make a story where there isn't one. Green Bay has a fantastic franchise that...get this tmz....drafts successfully. The draft tmz is where football teams pick in order based on the previous seasons win loss record....now in the draft they have picked in recent memory two sucessful qbs one which never missed a game in almost 2 decades. Green Bay has not started another qb regardless of race....because they have tough, good qbs. I seriously wish I could fight every person at tm. They drive me nuts w bs like this story. They are asserting Green Bay is racist wo actually coming out and sayin it

Paulina82

Glad to see!

TuxThePenguin

Wooo! I'm a new GB fan! Go Seneca!

B_Lew

I'm surprised the "so what" bigots that's always on this site aren't commenting on this article

Vote2012

He is a very good QB, he was disgraced by that idiot head coach at the 49ers. That pompous fool at the 49ers said Seneca would never play QB again in the NFL......wrong.

fubar000

Hmmm. Funny he brings that up. I didn't take skin color into consideration until I read this. C'mon are you serious you're going to bring race/skin color into the equation?? Who cares...I didn't see color until ya'll mentioned it.