'Fast and Furious 7' Director

We Will Finish Making the Movie

12/7/2013 9:29 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

120713_james_wan_launchPaul Walker's death may have put a halt to production on "Fast and Furious 7" ... but last night the movie's director told us there are absolutely no plans to abandon the flick.

A somber James Wan was leaving LAX when he told us how the cast and crew are holding up after Paul's death a week ago ... and assured us 'F&F 7' is still a go.

Wan didn't offer details on how he'll complete the movie, but there would seem to be only two options:

1) Keep the footage they've already shot of Paul, and write out his character, Brian O'Conner.

2) Rewrite the whole thing without Brian O'Conner and shoot the movie from scratch.

Got another idea?  Write it in the comments.

Clearly, any option will require extensive script changes, so ... it remains unclear how long Universal will have to postpone production.

Cocca

I think you should leave it the way it was with Paul Walker in it why take him out that's not right

yoli86

I think yall should keep the footage yall have brian oconer! And some how make it seem like him and mia ran away!! Don't re write the story or cutt paul walker out! Finish it and make it to tribute paul walker he luved fast cars and all that good stuff! This should b something special for him! Don't kill him off I dont think his family could handle it and neither can us fans.....there is so much yall can do with computers now days get a stunt double and make it seem like him and mia move awy with their bby AND DONT TRY N REPLACE HIM! Bc noone can EVER take paul walkers place

Leelee

3. Keep him in the film as planned, write a happy ending for him and use CGI to accomplish it.

alex

i think that he should like write his death and make his funeral in the movie, like he dies in the middle of the movie in a fiery explosion with vin diesal trying to get him out but the car explodes and then vin would have to hold mia back from trying to get to the burning car and then the would turn their sadness into anger and get revenge on the person who cause the crash then a short moment where tyrese rams into jason statham and screams "this is for brian" .the final scene would be in the cemetery and each person would put a rose on brians casket except for vin who goes up to the coffin and says" you owe me a 10second car", vin places a set of car keys on top of the casket and walks away . the team is seen walking away from the grave site in a classic action movie slow motion. and a series of bright colored cars lines the edge of the lawn each member gets into a individual car and drives off, one car is left and a flash back shows it the car that brian is first seen driving in fast 1, the scene shows the car driving off into a beatifull sunset and the screen fades away and "in loving memory of paul walker" shows up in the screen

Kim

I only hope that the character Brian O'conner does not die. The movies have always brought such excitement and joy. Paul's family, friends, and fans have lost him. Why lose Brian too.

Missy

My opinion? If we lived in a world where everything wasn't about making more and more money, I would say they could have ended the series at 6. They didn't leave us with any cliffhangers like in the past. But, since we do live in a world where money is important to huge companies, Universal will not want to lose what money has been invested nor will they want to lose out on the huge return since this will most likely be the highest grossing film of the series due to Paul Walker's untimely death (an I'm not taking shots at Universal or the makers of the films since they do seem to be handling this situation decently). That being said, I do hope they keep as much of his material in the film as possible and write out the character of Brian in a tasteful and dignified way. Paul made this character his own and I believe if they would even attempt to recast, it would come off as awful no matter who they cast merely because Paul helped to make the franchise what it was. I know some people on here will say that the movies were crap and his acting was horrible; you're going to have some of those in every bunch. The fact remains that there are people that loved the films and that admired Paul as an actor and a person. As a fan of the films, I hope those involved in making the decisions make good choices.

Chris

I agree with everyone else, while starting from scratch would be ideal, it would also be a colossal waste of money. They should write him out BUT instead of writing him out completely, just put his character out of commission for the rest of the film to allow a possible recasting of the role Brian O'Connor in future movies

Tom

Here is my suggestion, which makes the most sense to me. At the beginning of the film they could have a written message that says something like this: "The producers, director, cast and crew of Fast & Furious 7 mourn the tragic loss of Paul Wagner during the production of this film. In recognition of his talent and his work, we have honored Paul by retaining the scenes which were shot belore his death. In later scenes, the character of Brian O'Connor has been assumed by (name of actor).

Wouldn't that be better than writing him out, which everypone will know is fake, or having another actor be a "double" ?

Sciko_Scott

Being a fan of both Paul Walker and this movie franchise I would like to see the footage that was shot with Paul. But as a fan I think I speak for the majority of Paul's fans that I don't care to see his character die or to think that he did. We all know the truth to why Brian won't be back so why not leave it at that.? I would actually like to see maybe some commentary from the cast about Paul or even a memorial piece at the end. I wouldn't be upset at all if the movie cuts out where they left off and skips to a memorial piece. You can pick up the story or start a new one with 8 if so be it. You could even bring back Lucas Black. Either way it won't be the same without Paul Walker and we all know that. He was a great actor and a greater man. But to not keep the series alive would be yet another loss. I didn't know Paul in person but from what I saw he loved this movie series and really enjoyed being a part of it. I don't think he would want it to end on a bad note either.

rudolph

I think they should keep the character, Brian O'Conner. A great idea would be to rewrite the story line where Brian O'Conner needs to undergo an experimental face transplant surgery giving him the appearance of an enemy whom is untouchable. The role of Brian O'Conner should be replaced by an awesome actor like Hayden Christensen.

R.I.P. Paul Walker. I really respect all the charities Paul sponsored & so much time he dedicated. True humanitarian.

rudolph

jenlolo

How many fast and furious movies are they going to make???? It's like a tv series now !!!! We get it you like to race expensive cars and steal the materials to finance your illegal hobby !!!! Boring and more boring the first three were good but enough!!!!! Make something different!!! Even 007 had an end!!!!

Roe Craig

Just bring in another actor to replace Paul..Finish the film using product already shot. The whole world will understand and appreciate the completion of Mr. Walker's last appearance on the Big Screen. No fans of that series will respond negatively to a mixing of old film and new scenes with a different actor. I think the film will become a CLASSIC issued with these alterations. I look forward to seeing all of the scenes with Paul in them.

My prayers and good wishes are with Mr. Walker's family, friends, co-workers and those, who like me, will miss him in the future.

Rhsdancelinegrl3

I would like to see the scence of paul walker i hope you guys keep hes scence it would be really nice if you put a little memorial tribute for him at the end :).

Ms.Jones

What if you retain the footage of Paul Walker, and let Paul die saving Jordana or their baby. Then bring in Hayden Christenson as his little brother, to finish movie. Story line can be based on avenging Paul's death and w/ addition of Jason Stathom I think it can still be a strong movie.