Kanye West

BLASTED BY OHIO POLICE CHIEF

How Dare You Compare Yourself to Cops!

12/12/2013 10:31 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

1212-chief-david-oliver-ap-2-articleA police chief in Ohio is GOING OFF on Kanye West -- tearing the guy apart for comparing himself to cops and soldiers ... saying Kanye has NO CLUE about the real dangers they face.

The cop with the beef is Brimfield Police Chief David Oliver ... who says he was listening when Kanye told a media outlet that he puts his life on the line at his rap concerts ... just like cops and soldiers.

Chief Oliver was so angry, he posted an open letter to West on the department's Facebook page ... saying, "You sir, are as misguided as they come."

The majority of the letter is dripping in sarcasm, mocking Kanye for the ridiculous comparison:

"Since you are accustomed to danger, from your life as an international rapper, I am strongly encouraging you immediately abandon you career as a super star and join the military."

"After joining, I would like you to volunteer to be deployed in Afghanistan or one of the numerous other forward locations where our men an women are currently serving. When the Taliban starts shooting at you, perhaps you could stand up and let the words flow."

"I’m sure they would just drop weapons and surrender. You could quite possibly end all wars, just from the enemy being star-struck."

The letter ends, "What I do not get is you EVER comparing what you do for a living to our heroic military members, who are always in harm’s way… and my brother and sister police officers who have to go to work carrying weapons and wearing a bullet-proof vest to protect themselves."

"Check yourself, before you wreck yourself….Chief Oliver."

120913_kanye_west_polcie_compare_launch

bfs

Mark Wahlberg says nothing despite criticizing Tom. Kanye's an ass!

GreyWolf

Kanye sucks. I wish this police chief, David Oliver could tell this to this moron's face. Kayane, you suck, your music sucks, and so do the Kardashians. You deserve each other. I wish that the public would just stop reporting on you and maybe we will get lucky and then you will all just fade away like a bad dream.

RedLipstickSarah

Don't know what's more disturbing, his analogy to being a cop or soldier, OR the fact that he said Kim had to work hard to be where she's at. F*****g in front of a camera and being a world classLESS whore is not working hard. Hard to see his once promising career go fown the drain for a nobody....

Weffie

West didn't compare himself to a U.S. soldier; he said it was like being at war. That comparison is probably inaccurate, but his comparison to the risks police officers face might not be accurate,if insensitive given his compensation and fame. About 60 officers died in 2012 in violent incidents in the line of duty out of 794,000 total officers (as per Wikipedia and Officer Down Memorial page). It's hard to say his risk, as a celebrity and a rapper, isn't greater than one in 13000.

Weffie

West didn't compare himself to a U.S. soldier; he said it was like being at war. That comparison is probably inaccurate, but his comparison to the risks police officers face might be accurate, though insensitive given his compensation and fame. About 60 officers died in 2012 in violent incidents in the line of duty out of 794,000 total officers (as per Wikipedia and Officer Down Memorial page). It's hard to say his risk, as a celebrity and a rapper, isn't greater than one in 13000.

MTG

This Police Chief is the man.

younglady

The other day my co-worker stated that "The Yeezus" is one of the greatest artists ever and that he does not understand why people dislike him. Needless to say I was flabbergasted. I lost all respect for my co-worker.

defyconvention

TOTALLY with the cop on this one. Kanye is SO lame, he had to bed a Kardashian to revive his career LOLOLOL

Cecilia

someone needs to tell west that if his 'mountain' is so dangerous onstage then he needs to remove it. west deserves no kudos for the weird sympathy he's always begging for from his fans. the guy's an idiot, period.

Cecilia

if anyone's at war with anybody i'd say west is at war with himself. # screwball

Diane Stambaugh

Not a lover of cops.....but Chief you nailed it

Chopper

Wow I actually used to like Kanye but I can't stand him now I dislike him so much he ruined his image enough to make me not like his old work either idk where he got this attitude from but it's going to be the end of him soon enough people are getting sick of him big time

accordmee

Kanye is another in a sea of many fools who have no idea how the real world operates. He could'nt make the records that he makes if it were not for the sacrifices that have been made by real men and women in our military and the police forces around the country. Vietnam was no picknik. To hear him and others talk all of the BS that they talk about how rough and tough life is makes me laugh. Watch your mouth son before it gets closed by one of the few the proud the marines.

Your S&M Girlfriend

Kanye is such a subhuman if he died tomorrow I would feel not one single shred of sadness. As a matter of fact, I would hope he died in a gruesome accident along with his baby mama and I would hope there were many pictures. At least then he would be entertaining.

Cecilia

his momma's not around anymore to tell him what a 'god' he is..that's why he beggin' for that kind of attention now. .. what he did to Taylor Swift back in the beginning told me all I needed to know about the kind of person he really is. I had no respect for him back then either.