Duck Commander Sponsor

We're Cool With Phil's Anti-Gay Comments

12/23/2013 3:16 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

1223_phil_robertson_article_realtree
A major sponsor backing the "Duck Dynasty" guys won't be pulling a Cracker Barrel --  they're standing firmly behind Phil Robertson.

Realtree Outdoors -- which distributes all Duck Commander products -- says the company's values align with Phil's ... so the partnership will remain intact.

Realtree honchos say they respect everyone's right to express their opinion -- BUT they take their "Family, Friends and the Outdoors" slogan to heart.

Guess they won't be selling rainbow flannels anytime soon.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

ShowMeYourBlanks

I dont remember him saying any anti-gay comments in the first place

Usagi-chan

Can this all please just go away ?!

BobboFairbro

I can't believe I am saying this... can we have more Kartrashian stories instead of this schlock?

static

The tide is turning in this country.

Dead account Delete at will

TMZ how much does Gladd pay you to keep dragging up everywhere they sell products to try and get them fired?

Zambonie

Tis Is Fabulous News!

dan the man

Phil specifically mentioned how he doesn't treat gays differently.

Mike L

Never heard of this company, but since I agree too, I guess I like them.

brendon

Duh, they cater to rednecks like cracker barrell, it would be like Golden Coral or some trailer dealership pulling out.

Ash

STOP HATING GAYS!

You're own President is GAY so why should that matter!

Your S&M Girlfriend

Get the F over it. The man stated his opinion. So F'ing what? He's being treated like the new Paula Deen. The only difference is their business doesn't need A&E at all. I doubt if anyone who purchases and uses Duck Commander or Buck Commander merchandise gives one good shlt what he thinks one way or another.

Michelle Neal

As a Christian I am so sick of people using the Bible to say hurtful things. He compared being gay with beastiality and that is just uncool. I don't watch his show and am saddened that he is getting more attention and ratings for just being mean.

Jordan

It is about time the Gutless Phil Robertson quits hiding behind the bible that he never read, and just admits it is his Personal Opinion!!!!!!!!!

TELLING THE TRUTH

Marriage is a sacred vow between a man and woman and the Bible offers many verses that offer guidance:
GENESIS 2:22-24
Then the LORD God made a woman from the rib he had taken out of the man, and he brought her to the man. The man said, "This is now bone of my bones and flesh of my flesh; she shall be called 'woman, ' for she was taken out of man." For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and they will become one flesh.
PROVERBS 5:18-19
May your fountain be blessed, and may you rejoice in the wife of your youth. A loving doe, a graceful deer-- may her breasts satisfy you always, may you ever be captivated by her love.

PROVERBS 30:18-19
"There are three things that are too amazing for me, four that I do not understand: the way of an eagle in the sky, the way of a snake on a rock, the way of a ship on the high seas, and the way of a man with a maiden.
MATHEWS 19:4-6
"Haven't you read," he replied, "that at the beginning the Creator 'made them male and female,' and said, 'For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh' ? So they are no longer two, but one. Therefore what God has joined together, let man not separate."
1 CORINTHIANS 7:1-16
Now for the matters you wrote about: It is good for a man not to marry. But since there is so much immorality, each man should have his own wife, and each woman her own husband. The husband should fulfill his marital duty to his wife, and likewise the wife to her husband. The wife's body does not belong to her alone but also to her husband. In the same way, the husband's body does not belong to him alone but also to his wife. Do not deprive each other except by mutual consent and for a time, so that you may devote yourselves to prayer. Then come together again so that Satan will not tempt you because of your lack of self-control. I say this as a concession, not as a command. I wish that all men were as I am. But each man has his own gift from God; one has this gift, another has that. Now to the unmarried and the widows I say: It is good for them to stay unmarried, as I am. But if they cannot control themselves, they should marry, for it is better to marry than to burn with passion. To the married I give this command (not I, but the Lord): A wife must not separate from her husband. But if she does, she must remain unmarried or else be reconciled to her husband. And a husband must not divorce his wife. To the rest I say this (I, not the Lord): If any brother has a wife who is not a believer and she is willing to live with him, he must not divorce her. And if a woman has a husband who is not a believer and he is willing to live with her, she must not divorce him. For the unbelieving husband has been sanctified through his wife, and the unbelieving wife has been sanctified through her believing husband. Otherwise your children would be unclean, but as it is, they are holy. But if the unbeliever leaves, let him do so. A believing man or woman is not bound in such cir***stances; God has called us to live in peace. How do you know, wife, whether you will save your husband? Or, how do you know, husband, whether you will save your wife?

Zambonie