« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Dennis Rodman

Sorry About N. Korea Outburst

I WAS BOOZED UP

1/9/2014 6:13 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

0108-dennis-rodman-02
Dennis Rodman is blaming the a-a-a-alcohol for his wild screaming North Korea-defending outburst on CNN this week ... saying he was drinking before he went on live TV.

During the maniacal rant, Rodman -- who's in N. Korea -- defended dictator/tiny person Kim Jong-Un's decision to imprison American Kenneth Bae, even though N. Korea won't say why Bae is being punished.

Now, Rodman is backpedaling HARD ... saying, "I embarrassed a lot of people. I'm very sorry. At this point I should know better than to make political statements. I'm truly sorry."

He continued, "I had been drinking ... It's not an excuse but by the time the interview happened I was upset. I was overwhelmed."

Rodman also issued an apology to Kenneth Bae's family, his teammates and CNN host Chris Cuomo ... the target of Rodman's outburst.

Rodman says some of his basketball friends -- who joined him on the trip -- were leaving the country because after his outburst, their dream of "basketball diplomacy was quickly falling apart."

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

PeopleDoTheMost

Why can't he just leave his ass in North Korea then. He is an embarrassment. How much is he getting paid by that sicko? Wait until they turn on him and keep him hostage over there! He dealing with some lunatics

she

Of course he was.

Riiiiiight

Stay the hell over here! We don't want you back!!

Ciccel

You crossed the line Rodman you F#CKING TRAITOR . Your such a LOSER piece of S#IT defending that little F#CKING killer Jong on's. How's your Liver you alcoholic fool.. Sorry i was DRUNK!! What ever F#CK NUTS your always drunk and with any luck ya'll die drunk or with a bullet in the back of your head. Walking STD factory.. Have a nice day ;)

HngBlkBtm

I couldn't even understand what he was saying. Where did this guy go to college? I've also never heard of him having parents. What species is he?

Donna

This is coming from a guy who married himself. 'Nuff said.

Ron Fing Swanson

When is this tool not boozed up.

Dfer

Of course he was. I wouldn't expect any less from him...

marlene

Dennis need to stay in Korea and dont come back to the USA. if you feel that way your an embaresment to our country. Got these guys involved in is bull****.

GolfWang #FemaleBelieber

Lmfaooooo his friend faces with priceless

Maya77

I can't even listen to this. Disgusting!

Tax

He just needs to stay in Korea if he loves it there so much! The US needs to revoke his citizenship here! He is disrespectful to America and we the people!!!

Chun LI

North Korea send Kenneth Bae home and you can keep Rodman. We can also throw in OJ and George Zimmerman.

WickedSouL

Better b sorry or else ur staying in NK

Twilightstar

Rodman as a diplomat, what an idiot. He is a liability. These guys aren't ambassadores of freedom. They are there as entertainment. They are playing basketball and getting paid damn good money to do it. So boo hoo. They are hardly sympathetic figures.

They also better know they have to be very careful what they say or do because theyeasily can find themselves in a cell next to Kenneth Bae.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments