Ellen Page

'I Am Gay'

2/14/2014 8:37 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Ellen Page -- who hit Hollywood hard with "Juno" -- just came out in pretty spectacular fashion -- declaring she's gay and saying, "I am tired of hiding and I am tired of lying by omission."

The 26-year-old actress formally unveiled her sexuality at the HRC's Time to Thrive event, an LGBT conference designed to help the LGBT youth, saying, "I am here today because I am gay ... and because maybe I can make a difference."

Page said, "I suffered for years because I was scared to come out.  My spirit suffered, my mental health suffered and my relationships suffered.  And I'm standing here today, with all of you, on the other side of the pain."

Her next big film is "X-Men:  Days of Future Past."  Hollywood will embrace Ellen ... it will be interesting to see if studio big wigs will do the same.

Fred Thompson

I have no problem with gays, but I have a big problem with hypocrites. Anyone that goes around making a big deal about their sexuality, while simultaneously saying that they don't want to be treated differently, is a hypocrite.

Lizz

Good for you, Ellen! Even though we all kinda already knew. ;p

warr22

JuggernautBitch is gay ? damn im so disappointed

Jakkiy

Eve n if you expect a response, its still an important one. Being gay in today's society is hard. I deeply agree with what she saying and support all gays and lesbians. I personally am straight, but believe in equal rights and no book should be able to dictate what we feel is right or wrong. They are just words printed on a stupid piece of paper and have no meaning. It is Just like a dumb romance, scify, or mystery novel. They are all just ink. Nothing important. All lies, and fantasy.

Mike Rowave

B movie actress is GAY!!!
Call the Mainstream media...Obamas having a bad week

Hawks12

Love this actress! I didn't assume but had suspicion of this already. Couldn't care less if she's guy or not. But glad she's happy.

Hawks12

Darn auto correct! It changed gay to guy

Nfsgirl

People already knew honey... and we still loved you. Good for her.

super_bidi

It's funny how no one is really surprised.

1Terilynn

I thought that she came out years ago so not really a shocker and being gay dosnt change her awesomeness

_][ Character_Assassin ][_

Maybe Wolverine can fix her when he time travels in DOFP.

dontjudge36

I'm so proud of her hold her head up high I do every day

kathleen

I loved every minute of that speech. Good for her! I couldn't care less who people love-the message is just to love one another. simple.

Black Adam

I'm Straight !!!!!!!!!!

One thing this gay **** is not the same as black and white.. all Americans is not f*****