Ellen Page

'I Am Gay'

2/14/2014 8:37 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Ellen Page -- who hit Hollywood hard with "Juno" -- just came out in pretty spectacular fashion -- declaring she's gay and saying, "I am tired of hiding and I am tired of lying by omission."

The 26-year-old actress formally unveiled her sexuality at the HRC's Time to Thrive event, an LGBT conference designed to help the LGBT youth, saying, "I am here today because I am gay ... and because maybe I can make a difference."

Page said, "I suffered for years because I was scared to come out.  My spirit suffered, my mental health suffered and my relationships suffered.  And I'm standing here today, with all of you, on the other side of the pain."

Her next big film is "X-Men:  Days of Future Past."  Hollywood will embrace Ellen ... it will be interesting to see if studio big wigs will do the same.

MC

I never thought she was straight...but good for her for finally admitting it. Now...if Jodie Foster would do the same thing.

Pillsbury Pancakes

Boy she really got that news out there lickety split. Strapped on her big girl pants, went down on the truth and didn't muff it up. When Ellen starts yellin, snails start trails. Juno? More like Brunö, for women. Maybe she's gay because her mini ATM machine will only accept $1 bill deposits.

I dont care

She looks like elly from the last of us.

Observer

I am straight.

And........?

R34

Them feels. That was an amazingly wonderful speech.

Scott Levy

Kudos to Ellen!

NOT ELMO

ELLEN PAGE COMING OUT AS GAY / LESBIAN IS NOT SMART, ELLEN PAGE SHOULD'VE CAME OUT AS BISEXUAL, MANY CELEBRITIES HAVE CAME OUT AS BISEXUAL AND SOME MAYBE ARE REALLY LESBIANS AND THEY STILL KEEP GETTING PLENTY OF WORK, I'M SURE IF FOR EXAMPLE JENNIFER LAWRENCE, EMMA STONE, NATALIE PORTMAN, AMY ADAMS, EMMA WATSON, ANNE HATHAWAY OR SCARLETT JOHANSSON CAME OUT FOR EXAMPLE AS GAY / LESBIANS THEY ALL WOULD LOSE MANY MANY ACTING JOBS BUT NOT SO MUCH IF THEY CAME OUT AS BISEXUAL. ---------- IF YOU ARE IN SHOW BUSINESS / HOLLYWOOD AND YOU ARE GAY / LESBIAN THEN BISEXUAL IS THE SMART WAY YOU SHOULD COME OUT .------- ANYWAYS I WILL SUPPORT ELLEN PAGE IN X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST THIS MAY...

Just me

Lying by omission??? I didn't know the world has to know your sexual preference. It's none of anyone's business!

WTF

It's not brave anymore sweetie! You have the gay mafia and the media behind you. Its scary being straight with traditional values these days. We get harassed and shunned for our beliefs almost everyday now.

Duke Steele

Well, it looks like I should make a confession. I am straight. Its been tough living like this. But, now people will see the real me. I can now be the person I am. What a weight off my shoulder. Join me now straight people. Announce your straightness to all. Stand with me and all together on the other side of this pain. Stop the suffering.

Boscami

Good for HER.....LOVE HER......dont listen to these STRAIGHT PEOPLE HATERS YOUR AWESOME.....it is what it is.....NOW LIVE YOUR LIFE!!!!

Jazzi

Good for you Ellen! Embrace your sexuality. At the rate that people are 'coming out' nowadays, I wouldn't be surprised if half of Hollywood is gay! I hope everyone follows suit and Free themselves.

Astrogenotype

You turned gay because you have never met a guy like me. You should have been more patient instead of turning to the dark side

Suzanne1331

I love this sweet, darling, adorable actress. Of course she's gay, anyone who saw that movie she made with Leonardo di Caprio could tell you that!

Faye

How is this a surprise? She looks gay and she acts gay. No shock there.