David Lee Roth

Performs 'California Girls'

With Beach Boys Singer

2/22/2014 9:46 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

David Lee Roth and Mike Love may not be surrounded by California girls anymore ... but that didn't stop them from getting together to sing about how much they still love 'em.

DLR and Love hit the stage with John Stamos at an ELAA Awards benefit in Beverly Hills -- and despite their age (Roth is 59; Love is 72) ... both performers were pretty spry on stage.

David Lee Roth's version of the song was released over 20 years ago.

... and now you feel old.

Sir Boo

So we're all supposed to know what the ELAA Awards are?

ASI

ASI Net Radio.. All Independent Music, All the Time!
If you have studio quality music send up to 3 tracks to ASINetRadio@gmail.com. We will respond within 24 hours.
All genre of music are welcome, we look forward to hearing you!

LK

I saw Van Halen concert in 84 . I hated that song JUMP . God I'm getting old lol

Luke

Awesome for them they still got it

bka62223

The few times that I've heard David Lee Roth sing & watched him perform over the past few years have been nothing but painful. There's absolutely no tonal quality to his vocals and his attempts to show some sort of range are like the shrieks of a jackass. He parades around the stage like a cross between some kind of a vaudeville flapper-boy & Dr. Frank N. Furter. His whole stage presence & persona are an embarrassment for all that remember remember "The Gigolo"... Either get real or hang it up David; you're attempts at entertainment are horrifying!!!

Janet BeCraft

It is great to have the celebrities perform Beach Boys songs including David Lee Roth, John Stamos, Micky Dolenz and other celebrities that performed on stage with Mike Love.

may28

Ugh hate that song....why don't they sing about how self asorbed and high maintenance Califonia girls are..

blueswerks

It is the ELLA, not ELAA Awards:
"The ExempLary Leadership Achievement (ELLA) Awards is a program that recognizes and celebrate corporations whose strategic and philanthropic investments in Emerging Domestic Markets are strengthening low-income communities by improving opportunities for minorities. The purpose of the award is to encourage broader commercial and industry-wide investments through special recognition of organizations with demonstrable and reputable commitment to advancing the development of these markets."

LK

I thought I shd @ least watch the video before I make another comment .
I stopped 1/2 way though it .

Jamey Hunter

Yuck, just...yuck

Bubba Shrimp

Times have changed since they wrote the song. Now all the girls are obese.

cujothedog

When two rock legends unite time stands still - those two guys are what California a Beach Rock was, and always will be, all about! This clip will keep me grinning like the dog I am for days!

Sha

THIS WILL BE THE LAST TIME THAT I VISIT YOUR SITE. AND I HOPE THAT OTHERS WILL FOLLOW.THIS SITE CONSTANTLY INCITES RACIAL DIVISION AND AS AN AFRICAN AMERICAN WOMAN I AM OFFENDED.THERE IS NOT A DAY THAT GOES BY THAT TMZ DOESNT WRITE A STORY THAT IS GUARANTEED TO CAUSE RACIST OFFENSIVE COMMENTS..ENUFF IS ENUFF.. ITS 2014 & MOST DECENT PEOPLE ARE TRYING TO MOVE PAST RACIAL DIVISION BUT IS APPARENT THAT THE TMZ STAFF WOULD PREFER TO INSTIGATE A BARRAGE OF HATEFUL RACIAL WAR OF WORDS.GOD BLESS U HARVEY AND THE REST OF THE TMZ STAFF & YOUR DIRTY BLOOD MONEY!!!!

Sha