Alanis Morissette

Screwed by the Law

Over Stolen Dog

3/6/2014 3:10 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF
TMZ TV

030614_tv_alanis_launch

Alanis Morissette's little puppy dog is gone, gone, gone -- snatched by an ex-housekeeper, according to the singer, and it's gonna be tough to get the little guy back.... 'cause cute pooches get no respect in court.

It's enough to make Alanis go ... chihua-waaaughhh! (Sorry, that was awful)

tmz_on_tv

BLUE UGLY 💩

Just get a new dog, you'll get over it

Unbroken Chain

I'm sure the maid is the one who found the dog and took care of it

HRH Prince Michael

You live, You learn....

Gullible

What next, working parents who adore their children and who have child-minders/nannies/daycare will lose them to the caregiver? Her job takes her on the road. Her job paid the housekeeper's wages. Taking pets on the road is not always good for the pet, nor is it even possible or practical depending on what travel is involved.

JLS

Just find out who the vet is and then wait until she brings it to the vet. Take the dog back. Since possession is the issue here, once the dog is with you, she's screwed by the same law that protected her because the dog was in her possession. What a nasty housekeeper. I'd make it my life's work to pay her back.

AwkwardCherrios♡

How the hell can anyone get away with stealing someone's animal?

elle

Alanis & family WILL get the dog back - one way or another. Hopefully the court orders it rather than leave it up to some fan.

Yurra Knutz

Dogma payback

Brian

Just steal the dog back. That shouldn't be too hard. Once she has the dog it's hers again if the law doesn't care about dog theft.

backfire

The only reason I can think of for this housekeeper keeping this little dog is for love. She sees how Alanis treats the dog, abandons it when she's away for long periods of time and the little dog loves the housekeeper.

CremeBrulee

The dog: And I'm here to remind you, of the mess I made when you went away.

Kelly

'Cause I got one hand in my pocket, and the other one is flipping a woman off.

Duke Steele

Don't these celebs know how to clean their own houses? How many stories are there about housekeepers,maids, gardners etc ripping off their employers? I hope she gets her dog back and maybe then she'll keep her house in order herself.

RunnersHi5

She could have just offered to help care for the dog or keep it when alanis is away; if that's the reason she took it.