« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Donald Sterling

I'm NOT a Racist

4/26/2014 2:03 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0426-donald-sterling-clippers-landov-01
Donald Sterling has come out swinging, with the Clippers organization right behind him ... saying he and his team don't know if the audio TMZ Sports released is legit ... but he says it does NOT reflect his views toward African-Americans.

Sterling and the Clippers organization tell TMZ Sports, "We have heard the tape on TMZ Sports.  We do not know if it is legitimate or if it has been altered."

The statement goes on ... "We do know that the woman on the tape -- who we believe released it to TMZ Sports -- is the defendant in a lawsuit brought by the Sterling family, alleging that she embezzled more than $1.8 million, who told Mr. Sterling that she would 'get even.'"

And the statement goes on, "Mr. Sterling is emphatic that what is reflected on that recording is not consistent with, nor does it reflect his views, beliefs or feelings. It is the antithesis of who he is, what he believes and how he has lived his life."

And there's this: "He feels terrible that such sentiments are being attributed to him and apologizes to anyone who might have been hurt by them." For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

the sea

Just ask your girlfriend to deny it it then.

BobbyC

NAACP to award Donald Sterling a lifetime achievement award. NO REALLY - check out the NAACP LA website for their May ceremony where he is to receive this award - and it's hosted by Al Sharpton.

OhitsUagain

I could careless if the man's a racist he's the last of a dying breed. But my problem is if you are a racist be proud say you are that way I won't support your ass, make sure I get a different Dr, lawyer, teacher or whatever profession you taint so I can assure that I and or my children will be treated fairly instead of based on our actions and character rather than some out dated out numbered belief that your skin can determine what type of person you are

biggerdeals

Why do we blacks get butt hurt over everything?
A man has a right to choose who he wants to be seen with I am sure Jayz won't want to hang around my broke ass.
Hell, All the pretty black girls on my street don't wanna have anything to do with ugly broke ass. Why are we hounding this guy?

Bigdeal

Everything is racism when it comes to black people

t4trble

Hes a democrat and donates heavily to democrats.

George

Why is it Blacks can degrade other races without consequence. Are they a protected species???? Personally, I have zero respect for the majority of them.

elm

The Clippers were looking for a way to exit the playoffs. The owner just gave them the primo excuse to tank again postseason.

truckproductions

People and Corporations with a lot of money can make any scandal go away.. they just need a scapegoat with a storyline..

Mary

What Andy Roeser said was totally false. Only wife is suing Stiviano. Wife is not suing her for embezzlement. Wife admits Donald gave gifts to Stiviano. Legal do***ents, summary of case is here. Very juicy ******mins.blogspot.com/2014/04/donald-sterling-vanessa-stiviano.html

taz

He doesn't know if it's legit? It took him all day to come up with that angle? Side note, it's interesting how NBC and CNN didn't run this story all day and only now have a small blurb about him not believing it's real. It's real, he's a prick and his girlfriend is a gold digging ho bag.

Black Adam

Just Man up to what you said? There is no wiggle room to say you misspoke.

Duckie moore

Donald sterling is a coward just like the rest of you people

Celeb Gossip Addict

She might be a thieving, vengeful hoe but you still said what you said.

Tim

How do you not know if the tape is legit or not? You either made statements like that or you didn't... If someone were to ask me if there was a slight chance that there may be a recording of me saying something along those lines, I could say with 100% certainty that NO there would be no tape like that in existence.

The fact she had the foresight to even record it shows that this is most likely not the first time he has made statements like that.

So bottom line if he said it and he most likely did, just admit to it!