'Saturday Night Live' Actress

BLASTED BY EBONY HONCHO

'You're An Embarrassment'

5/5/2014 5:59 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0505-leslie-jones-02

A "Saturday Night Live" actress is under attack by the senior editor of Ebony.com -- who claims a bit she performed on the show where she joked about being a "Number 1 slave draft pick" is an "embarrassment."

The woman in the crosshairs is Leslie Jones -- who performed the bit during the Weekend Update of SNL ... and essentially said in slave days, she would have been the most popular woman on the plantation for forced slave breeding.

"See, I’m single right now, but back in the slave days, I would have never been single. I’m six feet tall and I’m strong, Colin. Strong! I mean, look at me, I’m a mandingo ... I’m just saying that back in the slave days, my love life would have been way better. Massah would have hooked me up with the best brotha on the plantation  … I would be the No. 1 slave draft pick."

But after the sketch, the backlash began -- with Ebony.com senior editor Jamilah Lemieux tweeting, "This Leslie Jones person is an embarrassment @msmarypryor. I'm so appalled right now."

Jones fired back on Sunday -- writing, "If anybody should be offended is white folks cause it’s what they did.”

"Y’all so busy trying to be self righteous you miss what the joke really is. Very sad I have to defend myself to black people. Now I’m betting if Chris Rock or Dave [Chappelle] did that joke or  jay z or Kanye put in a rap they would be called brilliant. Cause they all do this type of material. Just cause it came from a strong  black woman who ain’t afraid to be real y’all mad."

"So here is my announcement black folks, you won’t stop me and Im gonna go even harder and deeper now. Cause it’s a shame that we kill each other instead of support each other. This exactly why black people are where we are now cause we too f***** sensitive and instead of make lemonade out of lemons we just suck the sour juice from the lemons. Wake up."

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

loveyou15

Blk people are such haters thats y they dont get nowhere.

loveyou15

Always so damn defensive. Stop killing each other before u say anything

Unbroken Chain

This is disgusting. She was making fun of the insanity of racism. I swear blacks will jump on that racism soapbox any chance they get. Good for her. They were just too dumb to get the joke. This is all over reaction to Sterling. I'd like someone to show me where he said he didn't want blacks at his games. He said he disnt want his GIRLFRIEND bringing blacks to the game. Name me a racist who dates a black chick. It just doesn't make sense.

bkblueknight

i didnt do that, and neither did any white person i know. i dont know what this lady is talking about.

zombie

Gee, will she now be talked about non-stop on TMZ and fired from her job for offending people?

Toasty J

I thought she was hilarious. That was some hardcore material, and she pulled it off with a lot of laughs.

m

Maybe this Lemieux person is mad that snl dared to even hint there was time when light skinned women with curly hair were not the standard among black women. Shame on you Leslie jones for saying there was a time when a big strong black woman would be desired.

BlackStallion

Um. She needs to get educated. White people aren't the only ones that ownes slaves. Blacks owned them also. Let's stop being ignorant about the facts of facts. White people bought slaves from their black owners. My family had nothing to do with it. A lot of people had nothing to do with it. To keep hounding on something that happened so many years ago is disgusting enough. Let's not forget the Jews that were killed. Not even allowed to be slaves, though they were slaves in Egypt. The Native Americans were slaughtered, lost their land, again not made into slaves. Slavery sucks, but at least these people were a live. Not killed by the millions as others. My Italian ancestry were also slaves in Rome. I love how uneducated our society is when the truth hurts.

Mzz.p

Read the last paragraph ..It says it all!

JamesDa1

Calling Donald Sterling....lol #liftthebanonsterling

Petition will be circulating soon.

And like most of you, yes i am only here to see the awesome comments

j.j.buff

She's right on point saying that blacks need to stop killing each other and turning on each other. AND it was a comedy show lighten up. Although I must day when watching it this past Saturday I wondered what would happen if a white person said some of the stuff she said? Check that....I know exactly what would happened....fired and publicly lynched through the media.

tessa

take a gander at world history. all races of people have been and continue to be enslaved. by all races!

Dirk Diggler

Team Leslie! She's right on the money, had Chappelle did that they'd be kissing his feet.

hotbitch

Here come the racists....

Umanyways

There's no way you can tweet all of that in the limited characters twitter gives you

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments