Pat Sajak

I Was Just Joking!

Climate Scientists Aren't Really Racist

5/21/2014 11:13 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

Pat Sajak Global Warming Tweet
Pat Sajak
is spinning the wheel of backtracking ... on his controversial tweet attacking scientists who believe global warming is an actual thing.

The "Wheel of Fortune" host grabbed some letters for a sort of apology, saying ... "Of course I was joking. Just mocking the name-calling that is directed at global warming skeptics within and without the scientific community."

Late Monday, Sajak had tweeted: "I now believe global warming alarmists are unpatriotic racists knowingly misleading for their own ends. Good night."

Pat's mea culpa was totally unnecessary -- at least to comedian Neal Brennan who responded to the original jab with ... "Call me crazy, but I get all of my science from Pat Sajak and Jenny McCarthy. Seriously, call me crazy. I'm f****** crazy,"

BLUE UGLY đź’©

He is an idiot. Just STFU and read clues, no one cares about your dumb opinions.

People who reject the scientific evidence of climate change are as dumb as people who believed the earth was flat

Jimmy Changa

If his intent was sarcasm, I don't get the point he is trying to make... and in most cases, sarcasm is supposed to be funny, but in this case just sounded strange...

Mary P

And yet, he's right...

myopinion

Glad he cleared that up.....LOL...Can't joke now These days.

Skit

People need to stop apologizing for everything and stand behind your words even when they arent popular. Be a Man.. not a mouse. Stop bending for every idiot that gets offended.

STRAY

It's not like anyone watches Wheel of Fortune anyway.

Roundisnotsquare

TMZ makes me dislike the world even more by compiling all this **** into an app. It is condensed into such a small space and the info comes at you so fast, you don't have time to shake it off when the next douche-tastic story comes your way.

Patrick

Come on this is Pat Sajak we are talking about not Alex Trebek.

Wow ...

People have to be really insane to not acknowledge record breaking temps, storms etc. Even if they don't believe 100%, they have to understand our weather is changing - don't they?

Skit

Actually historically the earth goes through ice ages and tropical stages all on its own and we are headed towards a tropical stage anyway but yes Humans are fcuking it up and adding a lot to it but even if there were no humans there would still be climate changes.
Were just a parasite on earth making it worse

doodoolemonque

Wheel of Right Wing Hypocrites, for sure.

Joe Smo

No people who now say climate change instead of global warming are dumb. Reports now say that the earth has not been warming in over the last 15 years which is during the time when global warming was being thrown in our faces the most. You think by changing the catch phrase that you are still right but that's ridiculous. I don't doubt that we have an impact on the planet. I just don't believe it's impacting our planet as much as some want us to believe.

KnuckleDragger

Spin the Final Spin, Pat. Leave the science to those that know science.

chicagoannie

Sajak looks a little like Boehner in that pic. Scary.

stan

Typical Republican who doesn't know where to draw the line

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments