Justin Bieber

I'm Sorry

For My Racist Joke

6/1/2014 2:38 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0601-justin-bieber-tmz-01Justin Bieber is apologizing for telling a racist joke when he was 15 ... blaming it partly on his age.

Justin tells TMZ, "As a kid, I didn't understand the power of certain words and how they can hurt. I thought it was ok to repeat hurtful words and jokes, but didn't realize at the time that it wasn't funny and that in fact my actions were continuing the ignorance."

Justin goes on, "Thanks to friends and family I learned from my mistakes and grew up and apologized for those wrongs. Now that these mistakes from the past have become public I need to apologize again to all those I have offended."

Justin continues, "I'm very sorry. I take my friendships with people of all cultures very seriously and I apologize for offending or hurting anyone with my childish and inexcusable mistake. I was a kid then and I am a man now who knows my responsibility to the world and to not make that mistake again."

And Justin says, "Ignorance has no place in our society and I hope the sharing of my faults can prevent others from making the same mistake in the future. I thought long and hard about what I wanted to say but telling the truth is always what's right."

Justin ends with this: "Five years ago I made a reckless and immature mistake and I'm grateful to those close to me who helped me learn those lessons as a young man. Once again....I'm sorry."

053114_justin_bieber_launch

Previous 15 Comments | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18

TC17

This is the exact same excuse Bieber uses for EVERY thing he does wrong. He always blames it on his age... every time.

naughty G

I forgive you Justin bieber! But I won't forget by the way I'm no longer a fan

Mauloa

This Video IS Soo Old Why Yall Worrying About It Now He Was 15 young and dumb now he older. Yall Just Want Him To fail In Life And Every time somebody try to give him hell he wins and yall get mad and try it all over again !

Kimm

Omg guys, why do you forgive him? I'm thirteen and now better than to act that way and say those stupid things. That women or whoever mentioned the motorcycle is no better. Is she going to blame her age as well? Justin is always blaming his age

Viper_Lux

Don't forgive him.....your keeping his racism revised for his whacked ass business!

mtlshakelife

Why would you forgive him when basically the exact same thing happen with the L.A. Clippers manager what the difference there isn't racism is racism.

Basil

I am certainly no Justin Bieber fan. But, this round of scandal is ridiculous! He was a stupid kid when all this happened. How many of us said things while a kid that we would not utter as an adult? Get over it already!

Previous 15 Comments | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18