Justin Bieber

I'm Sorry

For My Racist Joke

6/1/2014 2:38 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0601-justin-bieber-tmz-01Justin Bieber is apologizing for telling a racist joke when he was 15 ... blaming it partly on his age.

Justin tells TMZ, "As a kid, I didn't understand the power of certain words and how they can hurt. I thought it was ok to repeat hurtful words and jokes, but didn't realize at the time that it wasn't funny and that in fact my actions were continuing the ignorance."

Justin goes on, "Thanks to friends and family I learned from my mistakes and grew up and apologized for those wrongs. Now that these mistakes from the past have become public I need to apologize again to all those I have offended."

Justin continues, "I'm very sorry. I take my friendships with people of all cultures very seriously and I apologize for offending or hurting anyone with my childish and inexcusable mistake. I was a kid then and I am a man now who knows my responsibility to the world and to not make that mistake again."

And Justin says, "Ignorance has no place in our society and I hope the sharing of my faults can prevent others from making the same mistake in the future. I thought long and hard about what I wanted to say but telling the truth is always what's right."

Justin ends with this: "Five years ago I made a reckless and immature mistake and I'm grateful to those close to me who helped me learn those lessons as a young man. Once again....I'm sorry."

053114_justin_bieber_launch

ChappelleShow

He said something stupid as a teenage kid, and somehow this is "news"worthy?

Sasha

He can eat my butt

kingnoor123

As an African American, I don't even think it's that huge deal. I've done worse than him at age 15 and we all learned. Justin Bieber isn't gay anymore because he moved on and lived his own life while you guys stay inside your house hating. Sadly you won't even listen to him but you listen to the media. Congratulation, you just became media's little bitches. You're honestly pathetic. I **** with Bieber because he's just like me and my friends, all grown and mature men. You haters need tanpons.

Sasha

Glad I didnt invest money into this lil peons career. Sorry for the blacks who did... Usher smdh at him

pineapplechicken

"I take my friendships with people of all cultures very seriously and I apologize for offending or hurting anyone with my childish and inexcusable mistake. I was a kid then and I am a man now who knows my responsibility to the world and to not make that mistake again." Later he was heard saying.... "Unless you live next to me, then I will throw eggs at you."

Knockout

I never liked him and I never disliked him, because I never had a reason to. But now it's **** him all day.

notalawyer

Even though he tries to emulate yet another black person "Pharrell Williams with the HAT" TMZ and Lil Bieber are following I AM/AM NOT A RACIST type cheap publicity cause there is nothing of substance for PR this loser...

Mizit4

TMZ stop trying to start chit. He hangs around blacks and you are stupid for bringing this old non important mess up. I will bet most blacks, like myself, could not care less. He is not out there slinging words so stop this crap. This world has enough trouble without the media always ready to jump on a racial issue, (which this isn't), every chance a non black person says boo!
stop it .. stop it .. stop it .. or you may find yourself missing a great number of readers.

tanzi

Whoever wrote this 👌 i can forgive you in a heart beat of course bieber didn't write this but what of that one direction boy when will he apologize ??

Larry The Don

Isn't he the same guy who disrespected Prince William?

shellyschacknies

I don't agree with being a racist I don't even like the guy but he was 15 I am sure we all have said something stupid @ an young age I am married to a black gug & have 3 kid's by him it was him being young & immaturity@ that age idk what his problem is now

tamtam

People have to realize he is from the trailer parks of Canada. His mother was a drug dealer. He probably grew up with ignorance. I am sure he would not make such a joke now having been exposed to different races and cultures. We all make mistakes when we are fifteen. I am interested in knowing who the adult was in that room with him. Sounds like his mother.

mnyardie

His joke really is no big deal. ive heard worse. Move on.

MisterKyle

This joke was used by black people prior to Bieber as a joke. I'm offended he's getting credit for it!

bel26

i'm not gonna lie that **** was funny , but he know he was wrong for that