Justin Bieber

I'm Sorry

For My Racist Joke

6/1/2014 2:38 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0601-justin-bieber-tmz-01Justin Bieber is apologizing for telling a racist joke when he was 15 ... blaming it partly on his age.

Justin tells TMZ, "As a kid, I didn't understand the power of certain words and how they can hurt. I thought it was ok to repeat hurtful words and jokes, but didn't realize at the time that it wasn't funny and that in fact my actions were continuing the ignorance."

Justin goes on, "Thanks to friends and family I learned from my mistakes and grew up and apologized for those wrongs. Now that these mistakes from the past have become public I need to apologize again to all those I have offended."

Justin continues, "I'm very sorry. I take my friendships with people of all cultures very seriously and I apologize for offending or hurting anyone with my childish and inexcusable mistake. I was a kid then and I am a man now who knows my responsibility to the world and to not make that mistake again."

And Justin says, "Ignorance has no place in our society and I hope the sharing of my faults can prevent others from making the same mistake in the future. I thought long and hard about what I wanted to say but telling the truth is always what's right."

Justin ends with this: "Five years ago I made a reckless and immature mistake and I'm grateful to those close to me who helped me learn those lessons as a young man. Once again....I'm sorry."

053114_justin_bieber_launch

nick

Just because u use the n word ,...it don't mean u are racist.....u have to knoe the person and cir***stances/situation...for example if I am in an altercation with a blavk person....that is if I was white.....and we are insulting one another...I would call him the n word if it offends them and be justified in doing so

lee

This "apology" ain't cutting it because he says he has grown up and we all know that is a lie. When he starts acting like a man and not a little PUNK, then I might take an apology seriously.

Bunz

The kid thinks hes above the law. Those black kids he runs around with are just paid servants to him. Feeds them drugs and a place to stay.

billson1234

I find it funny how those who once called for the deportation of Justin bieber are suddenly in his corner supporting him I guess you grew a soft spot for him since you realized you have something in common

Alia

gosh at 15 I think I knew calling someone a derogatory name was bad but I know he is just a baby....

natalie

one direction's management obviously released this to distract from louis not apologizing. justin messed up but i'm glad he stepped up to the plate and apologized. this trend of hating his guts is so stupid, he doesn't seem like a bad guy. i'm not gonna make an excuse for what he said, but i don't know one boy at my school that hasn't used that word. 15 year old boys think they're cool using derogatory words, and if there was a front page headline every time a teenager said something they shouldn't have said, there would never be news on anything else. that's just my opinion

Jenn

I personally don't care for him either way but he was 15 young and stupid i give him a pass.

She's baaaack

Hahaha. He keeps his black friends around so he can feel superior to those blackies. I wonder why he doesn't start a relationship with a Kardashian. Oh yeah, I forgot, they only like black dick. Wait! So does Justin! I might be onto something!!

Star

Nope. He is only sorry because he was caught. I don't care if he was 15 because at that age he should have already knew not to say unacceptable things like that and he knows it. His PR management said that apology for him anyway so it isn't real or sincere.

Green bee

I know what he said was way wrong but I would take this 15year old back over the Bieber we have now. Miss the kid he was. If this video was posted 5 yes ago it could have been a red flag of the butt head to come and it could have be " worked on" sooner.

Gullible

That was written by a team of lawyers and his manager. Better if he had just said 'I heard a joke, it made me laugh and I repeated it, but I was 15 and didn't have clue.'

Green bee

" been worked on"

unknowntoou

u don't owe no apology.u can't tell me every black person beiber knows has not made a white racist joke.**** rick Ross and lil Wayne anyways

OK

Apology accepted. Please take all your money and buy and island somewhere far, far, away.

UofAn01

Justin is showing great Leadership by stepping up