Usher

Justin Bieber Made Bad Choices

... But He's No Racist

6/7/2014 8:58 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0607-usher-justin-bieber-02Usher is finally speaking out about the videos that surfaced this month showing his protege Justin Bieber using the n-word ... and even though he wasn't happy, Usher says J.B. is no bigot.

Usher took to Instagram Saturday posting a pic of he and Biebs with a long caption describing how he feels ... he explains, "As I have watched Justin Bieber navigate difficult waters as a young man, I can tell you that he hasn't always chosen the path of his greatest potential, but he is unequivocally not a racist."

He adds, "What he was 5 years ago was a naive child who did not understand the negative power and degradation that comes from playing with racial slurs. What he is now is a young man faced with an opportunity to become his best self, an example to the millions of kids that follow him to not make the same mistakes."

For those of you keeping track ... Usher, Whoopi Goldberg, Mike Tyson, Young Money, Floyd Mayweather and Souljah Boy have all voiced support for Justin, who has already apologized.

060714_justin_bieber_launch

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

AnlBeeds

Justin has the girth of a pickle jar.

BLUE UGLY 💩

Wait til the video of him calling Usher a N comes out

Na.na.na.na Booboo.....stick ya head in doodoo

Predictable. Money talks...bs walks

Na.na.na.na Booboo.....stick ya head in doodoo

Lol at the peach fuzz stache

Sillywilly

Ok fine, good luck with the OTHER douchebaggery actions coming our way as an adult from him.

pootydaone

Of course Usher is going to support him. He has vested interest. Besides why is the distinction being made between being a racist and making racist statements. He very well may not be a racist but he sure let's racist words flow out of his mouth. Is that ok Usher?!

Niqui

just let it go already...I don't care that he said ni**a. i say it everyday lol and if my white homegirl said it to me i wouldn't be mad...just let it go already....

pootydaone

I don't know too many teenagers that obsessed with race to be make two videos spewing racist words. And there's rumors there is another tape. I think there's something there. It seems odd for a then teen to be that fixated on race.

Reginaphalange

I thought that was pharrell with that stupid hat

Almightyrahh

Where would tmz be without justin bieber......

pootydaone

White ppl are evil. I can assure you blacks don't sit behind closed doors talking $hit about white people no matter what y'all think. Not racist stuff like this....we just don't. But something is always coming out about a white person using racist words.. smh

YoMama

It amazes me that this kid even got to where he is today....Usher made a HUGE mistake and he knows it. He's not going to trash talk the low life he made famous because it will make him look like an absolute moron for creating such a monster. The kid needs a true beat down and a reality check not an actual check in his bank account. He's a poser and has zero talent.

T bone

What an ugly little girl wait what that's a guy

Celebarazzi.com

Those stupid hats.

Miss J

He isn't a racist... I have had the word used maliciously towards me, and sadly, I have used it. How about we just all stop using??

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments