Joan Rivers

Screw You, Protesters

My Furs Are Older than Me

7/2/2014 12:50 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

Joan Rivers PETA
Joan Rivers lashed out at animal rights protesters at her book signing Tuesday ... insisting she's exposing the dead animals on her back to culture.

Joan was at Barnes and Noble in Times Square hawking her new book, "Diary of a Mad Diva" ... when someone from the animal rights org asked her why she insisted on wearing fur.

0702-joan-rivers-poster-fur
Joan seems stumped at first ... then lashes out.

And then the twist ... Joan seems to say she's not in the market for buying new furs, but she's not opposed to wearing the old ones.

Joan tells the crowd the furs have 2 options ... her basement or The Met.

gallery_sub_launch_furry_fury1

Usagi-chan

PETA, go make another naked calender, or something. I agree with everything PETA stands for except for their attacking people for publicity. Its really pathetic and old and extreme.

moG

I wish these PETA peeps would just STFU. Joan has had her furs FOREVER...times have changed. SHe gets it. PETA makes themselves look like a bunch of idiots.

Gen

I heard the high ups at Peta secretly scarf on fried chicken during their holier than thou meetings. I heard someone who was recruited to work PR with them witnessed it and left out of disgust for the sinister hypocrisy.

LetsBeReAL

PETA is such a hypocrite organization that kills countless animals. That's a fact. But they kill animals for different reasons so it's okay... Hyprocrites!

sundaygirl

Need a pic of a big cuddly animal holding Joan Rivers up in the air by her wig with skin peeled off her entire bloody body - sick & tired of these cretins that don't understand or care what the horrific fur industry does to animals.

Clytemnestra

As for the number of people who hate PETA vs those who hate Joan, I think it's a draw.

palermo

I hate PETA and I really can't stand Joan Rivers

Mimi

NO RESPECT AT ALL FOR JOAN RIVERS. She goes too far all the time. Vulgar. Tasteless.

Chgome

When that old hag dies maybe Melissa will wear her.

hbarbiedoll

They skin the animals alive for furs! Stupid POS !!!!!! There's a nothing wrong with rescuing animals!!!!!! But wearing dead animals is gross & cruel!!!!!!! Adopt don't shop ! Save a life! Stop wearing fur! It's so 1970's .

Tsoda40

If you're against fur, stop eating meat!

MC

She's 80 years old...she's been alive since wearing fur was acceptable. I don't know how many 80 year olds you can change the minds of...but I don't know one.

cmg

Hey in her generation everyone wore fur. Ya its sad but true. My mom still has my grandmothers mink coat and a rap with the animals head on it. Its pretty disgusting. But these were purchased years ago by joan. It is her choice and not anyone elses. Personally I couldn't wear fur because of the way they kill the animals. Maybe one day ill burrie my grandmothers coat.

Az Heat

She still promotes the torture those animals go through! I will never watch any show she is on and I hope people go into those book stores and ruin her books so they can't be read! I hope you die of a horrible death Joan Rivers so you can feel the pain those animals went through!

kt

Watch animals being SKINNED ALIVE and see how it would feel! There's no reason to wear fur! I would love to skin Joan alive..lord knows her skin would just slide off! Way to go PETA!!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments