Nash Grier

Vine Star

Drops LOUD Homophobic Slur

7/8/2014 7:50 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Nash Grier Homophobic Slur
Nash Grier -- the most followed person on Vine -- billowed out a homophobic slur so loud and angry it is truly shocking.

The 16-year-old posted the video in April -- then quickly deleted it.  It features a snippet from a TV commercial about HIV.  Grier clearly took issue with the message.

The reason it just surfaced -- Tyler Oakley, another social media star, got his hands on it and was appalled enough to blast it out.

Grier has since taken to Twitter to apologize.

0708-nashgrier-vine-twitter

070814_nash_grier_vine_asset_launch

John

Tell people they have to give gays special treatment, the less they will. Gays need to man up about their questionable sex practices. Nobody is going to rally around behinds and strap ons, regardless of "rights."

Derek

An awkward bundle of sticks... interesting...

LuLu1024 👀

That's what 16 year olds say....moving on

taina

This is what happens when parents don't educate their kids about facts! The FACT is it can happen to anyone!!! No one is immune to HIV or any other STD's. This isnt a matter of sexual preference, its more like the ignorance that still lurks this country! Gotta be moreso upset at the asinine who thought it was a good idea to post this video,not so much the kid.

LoveBlueUgly

"Vine star"?!?! Seriously?

kidrauhlslaysall

I love you Nash :)

FireSparkles

And now we know who he is. Thanks TMZ

Ann

'Star'? We certainly have loosened our definition of the word 'star' the past 10 years or so. Can this ridiculous social media nonsense stop now? I miss the days when it actually took talent to be famous (well, at least more than a stupid screen name).

4532523

He has said so many homophobic things in the past, lol. Tmz you're kinda late for calling him out. And why would he apologize now when people told him so many times that it's wrong and he kept on doing it because nobody important called him out.

bkblueknight

dear TMZ,

the following people are not celebrities: social media "stars", famous in 12 losers, trannies who claim they bed athletes, criminals, gwyneth paltrow. thx

Seriously?

He's 16, geez. That doesn't make it right but excusable. I'm sure if people had camera phones around when I was 16 they would be appalled at half the s*it that came out of my mouth as well. I had no clue what I was saying and how inappropriate it was, I was just trying to be "cool" around my peers. You're ignorant at that age and you live and learn. This isn't news and it definitely doesn't need to by pushed on us like it's shocking. just stop.

Hotbooty83

I can't wait to see him on " Howard Stern" getting his ass handed to him. Howard is the best...
www.cigarsandsocks.com

Saltine Crackas

Everything's homophobic these days, especially at TMZ I realize the entire staff is gay but I've called more straight people a *** than Gays. I've also called my friends ******* an I also Vaginaphobic?

seign

Hold on hold on. He says "I was young and I was stupid"... He filmed and released the clip in APRIL OF THIS YEAR!

lighthouse

Nice damage control..too little too late.