Nico & Vinz

'Am I Wrong' Singers ...

Yes, We're Black AND Norwegian

7/23/2014 11:50 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

072314_nico_and_vinz_launchNico & Vinz have one of the hottest songs this summer with "Am I Wrong" ... but most of their fans are probably DEAD wrong -- 'cause they don't realize the guys are from Norway, and they're Black!

We ran into the duo in NYC yesterday, and they said they get double-takes all the time -- but the guys (both born in Oslo) want America to know ... it's okay ... there REALLY are black people in Norway. Lots of 'em.

Nico and Vinz are pretty charismatic in this clip, but what's disappointing is their taste in summer anthems. We asked 'em to name their faves -- and one of 'em is ... well, let's just say their hit is MUCH better.

OMFG

YAY NORWAY!!!!

Lava

NORWAY <3 WOHOOO

politicallyincorrect

They get it right, born in Norway you are Norwegian, just like if you are born in America you are an American, end of story!!

Amina

Blacks in Norway !!!!!!!

WTF!!!!!!!

Thanks to TMZ for confirming how ignorant USA is !!!!!

A black girl from Switzerland

justmyopinion

I love nico and vinz They have other nice songs too.

Kobe_No_Means_No

Are there trees in Norway for them to climb?

Double Bubble

If i had a white kid in China, it wouldn't make him Chinese .. Not sure what the title of this article is supposed to imply, but it's stupid

paul a.

I am from Norway and at one time it was 99% white. I can confirm that this has changed drastically over the last 20 years.
Btw, so have the instances of random and violent crime, drug abuse and denigrated neighborhoods.
But that must be a coincidence.

_][ Character_Assassin ][_

There are no black people in Norway. Only excessively dark-skinned white folks.

Karin

There are black people all over Europe. Where do you think the africans that keep on crossing the Mediterranean go ? I'm pretty sure Europe will eventually be all black and muslim.

wow ew

OMG , there are BLACK people in NORWAY? Like, omg, NO WAY! Next thing you know you'll be telling me there are whole Black/African communities in Paris too! WHAT IS THIS WORLD COMING TO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gaetan Siry

they are also Africans - respect!

Rhubino

And Charlize Theron is African-American. This is sooo confusing.

mike

Wow, Blacks are seriously EVERYWHERE!! I remember I went to France when I was younger and there were black everywhere! I was like, "Am I really in France??" lol.. Next thing you know I'll be in Iceland and Antarctica and they'll be Black people all over the place! lol.. But I am pretty surprise Norway has a lot of black people, just like I was surprised Russia has a lot of black people.

SuperCoolMegaFool

This is really interesting news. So exciting.

...NOT.