« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Gas Station Robbery

THWARTED BY MMA CHAMP

Hero Praised By Dana White

7/27/2014 9:13 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
Exclusive Details

0727_mayura-dissanayake

The semi-pro MMA fighter who beat the crap out of 3 would-be gas station robbers in Texas is being hailed as a hero ... by none other than UFC honcho Dana White.

The hero is Mayura Dissanyake -- who was working at Fuel Depot in Houston on July 10 when he saw 3 scumbags roll up on a co-worker who was returning from the bank.

Mayura -- a former MMA national champion in his native Sri Lanka -- jumped into action ... beating the living hell out of all three guys. It was frickin' AMAZING.

Now, he's getting the ultimate praise from Dana White -- who tells TMZ Sports he saw the footage and "I LOVE IT."

"Mixed Martial Arts is the new Martial Art that people are taking all over the world. Although I don't recommend crime fighting ... but dirtbags should beware."

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

FREEDOM

HE MADE IT LOOK SO EASY.

FREEDOM

HE SHOULD BE IN THE RING...

FREEDOM

THAT'S SOME REAL KICK A.S.S

FREEDOM

VERY HEROIC....

FREEDOM

DANA WHITE HOOK HIM UP...

Rhonda

That dude is awesome those punks got what they deserved

MF

Uh, Dana, NOW you can get this guy out of the pumping gas cliche

Jon

I thought he spelled his name Dissanayake. Oh well, be nice if I could just email the writer of the story instead of commenting on it.

lourdgoogoo

Those 2 robbers left their homie out to dry. I hope he rats on them, and then gets shanked for snitching.

Passthepeas

I love it!! These cowardly d-bag viruses can't do anything one on one. It's always a pack of them, attacking from behind, against a smaller victim. Face to face they are nothing. You all got your ass#s beat, and beat bad. How about that jackass running away and leaving his buddy behind...typical. I love it when these people get their asses beat by people that don't have to be PC around their mental deficient wastes of skin. Good for you Mayura!!!

dr.AcuIa

This guy is a beast !!!

boo boo

That was pretty tight. Introducing my foot to your face! The best part is when his buddies just leave him after he got laid the BEEP out! Hahaha!