« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

MMA Robbery Hero

Bombarded with Marriage Proposals

8/2/2014 12:45 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0729_Mayura-Dissanayake_facebook
Chicks dig superheroes ... just ask the crime-fighting MMA fighter in Texas who's been hit with a tidal wave of marriage proposals ever since he beat up 3 gas station robbers earlier this month!

Houston's most eligible bachelor is Mayura Dissanayake -- who became an instant celebrity when he left his post as a clerk at Fuel Depot to rescue his co-worker, who was being jumped in the parking lot.

But Mayura wasn't just flooded with media requests -- he was also slammed with marriage proposals on social media from his new female fan base ... so says his MMA trainer Saul Soliz.

"You can't blame the ladies ... he's easy on the eyes."

072814_mma_fight_launch

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

iBetty

Mayura, will you marry me? *Blink *Blink

Noog

That's funny

You Don't Know

I live in Houston & part of this story is false. He did not fight off 3 robbers. Him & 2 other people jumped 1 robber. It was 3 on 1, but this guy was 1 of the 3. He can throw a punch, but when is it ever fair when it is 3 on 1? If this were 3 cops beating the robber, this would be a completely different story. But since it was 3 citizens beating the robber, it is suddenly sexy? I am ashamed of the girls now throwing themselves at this guy.

Maxsmom

Watch the video you idiot. Clearly shows more than one robber

Barbara

Mayura, I'm 66 and I think you are real good looking, and definitely easy on the eyes! You speak gently and seem a humble person. Please, stay an eligible bachelor, you are YOUNG and have plenty of time for marriage. Set your goals and obtain, one by one. Right now, stay safe. Blessings to you young man.

Mills

Damn America has some thirsty chicks! First the felon mugshot now this. Gatorade ladies??

HoTMZ

I would love a man who could rescue me lol

Truth44

LOVE IT!!!

lourdgoogoo

He is a way better guy than McConvict that TMZ was pushing before.