Nick Cannon

I'm the One Who Left the Relationship

NOT MARIAH

8/23/2014 1:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0822-nick-cannon-tmz-02
Nick Cannon
is the one who decided to bail on his marriage -- not Mariah -- sources connected with the couple tell TMZ.

Nick has made it clear to all involved ... he's deeply concerned about Mariah's emotional state and is ending the marriage for the well being of their kids. He believes the environment around Mariah is toxic and fears for his kids.

We're told Nick believes his kids have already shown signs of emotional upset living with Mariah.

Our sources say Nick's MO is simple ... he wants to create an environment separate from Mariah that gives the kids a safe haven from the "chaos" at her home.

Nick is also telling his people he's deeply concerned about Mariah's mental health and believes her people don't care about anything but her ability to make money and pay their salaries.

And finally we're told Nick is taking a "passive" role in the divorce ... telling his lawyers to take the path of least resistance to end things as peacefully as possible.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

Idiotsallofya

Guess that gag order did nada

tmz001

Hello :)

Sharon

Just a sad situation with kids involved. Protect those kids from emotional situations!! It can affect them.

ts

The wife always says that. Good for you Nick. It's your story, you tell it any way you want.

vitaminjd

I've often wondered how those kids will do someday in the real world. Mariah seems to live this surreal, lollipops-and-rainbows fantasy land life. But she at least had some grasp on the real world, having come from very little. What about those kids? Will they end up completely out of touch with reality?

bigfranklittle

I knew you wouldn't let us down TMZ!

Lauren

I never really got them as a couple but I think a diva like Mariah would make it hard for any man to have a relationship with them. If this is true, good for him for taking the high road and ending their "fairy tale". Seriously, who renews their vows every year?

Googie

Doesn't look like he's that worried if he bad mouthing Mariah. Now we know what he's been planning, saying he's being passive, but actually launching a smear campaign in order to get custody of the children and custody of Mariah's money, I mean child support.

BLUE UGLY 💩

I believe it, we all know Mariah has real mental issues that she kept hidden til after her first divorce.

That's why you get to know someone before marrying quickly like they did, you never know who people reaaaally are

zolbam85

Do eminem was right about her all along?

KnuckleDragger

Always seems a tough row to hoe, this celebrity/entertainment lifestyle...especially with kids. I wouldn't begrudge anyone children...but were I in this industry and married...I'd never bring a child into it.

Hang in there Nick.

mak920

She's a lush now from what I've heard. She's been a mental case every since her marriage to Tommy Mottola.

lgwelsh1

Nick has his own money, I doubt he will be asking for anything from Maria. Nick more than likely had enough of the diva thing and decided it was time to move on.

mak920

What happened to their fairy tale marriage? The dynamic duo with booming careers who were so famous and happy? Renewing their vows every year? Bragging about their relationship in the media/social media 24/7? Can you say fake?

Gru V

I thought he was supposed to keep his big mouth shut?

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments