Hicks Tops People's `Hottest Bachelors' List

6/14/2006 7:39 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

NEW YORK (AP) -- "American Idol" Taylor Hicks is ranked as the No. 1 "hottest bachelor" by People magazine -- and he's looking for love.

The 29-year-old silver-haired crooner tops People's list in the magazine's new issue, on newsstands Friday. But the "Idol" winner says he'd happily give up his bachelor days.

"There's been no time," Hicks says of his dating life. "Now,I wouldn't mind spending the rest of my life with the right woman."

Hicks also wants to find a woman he exchanged glances with on a recent airline flight. Of the mystery blonde, he says, "We waved and did a double-take look. It seemed like something out of a movie."

The magazine has set up e-mail and mailing addresses for the mystery woman to contact Hicks. The singer will also perform the song "Possibilities" in a new commercial for the Ford Motor Co., it was announced Wednesday.

Other "hot" bachelors -- who aren't ranked by the magazine -- are several celebrities no longer involved in high-profile romances, including Matthew McConaughey (ex-boyfriend of Penelope Cruz), Nick Lachey (formerly married to Jessica Simpson), Jake Gyllenhaal (who dated Kirsten Dunst) and Kenny Chesney (briefly married to Renee Zellweger). The list also includes Ryan Seacrest, Jamie Foxx, Owen Wilson and Wentworth Miller.

COMMENTS

Micki D

Well Well - Taylor Hicks - a true hottie for sure - his smile, eyes - well just the whole package!! Nothing contrived or styled up here - he is the real deal .. Just Love Him!!

carolineanna

Barf!

CherylAnn

If it had been CHris Daughtry and had he been single I would have agreed but Taylor HIcks, nothing but HIllbilly Heaven.

R.

That's disgusting! And if he's 29, I'm Shirley friggin Temple!

Lori

Taylor Hicks???? You are WRONG!!! But IF you had said Chris Daughtry, well it would have been RIGHT. Chris is by far THE HOTEST guy around. God I just LOVE HIM!!! HE may be married but, he is gorgeous and can sing his butt off!!
His wife is one lucky woman!!!

Teresa

YUCK!!! They are forcing him on us because of his recent win! It should have been Chris Daughtry! he's HOT!!!! And to compare Taylor to George Clooney is an insult to George Clooney. Taylor is a big Dork gray hair or not!!! And "Soul Patrol" is stupid! And his fan club can eat me.........he is a dork and so are his fans.

Brandi

I am so glad to hear that PEOPLE choose such a great southern gentleman for the top of the hottest bachelor list. It truly goes to show you that everyone is finally taking notice of this guy that should have been picked out of the Alabama bar music scene years ago. Taylor has the voice, the soul, the look, the hair, and the eyes to pull off a great career...not to mention the charisma. I would love to call myself Taylor's girlfriend for the simple fact that he exudes what so few guys these days don't the love and passion for what they want in life and the drive to achieve every dream that is set in their path. He's one sexy guy thats for sure!

PrimulaBlue

I think People got it wrong. The only truly hot man on the list is Wentworth Miller. Beautiful, intelligent, humble, and hard working, he's amazing!

Jan Sands

Taylor Hicks is one of the newest talented and vivacious peronalities to arrive in 2006! His gray is quite handsome and he is his own man. That makes him sexy! As we hear America's disappointment for Chris we must remember those crying today should have voted last month and then it might have been different. Taylor is a genuine person who's magnatism is self evident. Taylor we love you!

Shawna B

I liked Taylor from the beginning. I'm married and a southerner and, to me, he is the type of man I would want to spend my time with if I was a single gal. Nothing fake like so many celebrities these days. He is genuine and sweet..that is what makes him sexy. Not to mention, he is so entertaining! However, I agree about Chris! He was one of my favs too and he is a sexy, but what makes Chris sexy (other than his looks) is his devotion to his wife and kids. Now that is sexy! WOW!

Laura D.

People magazine has certainly gotten it right this year. Congratulations to Taylor! Is he searching for a blonde or would a brunette do?

Kristie

Ace Young is also featured in the magazine and if we are talking "hotties" he's the one!

Peggy

Now for once I can agree with these silly lists!

Just the same, I see I can stop reading after I read the
first name.
Only this time it makes sense.

Good for Taylor, good for us Soul Patrollers who like to see Taylor's name and picture any where, any time, not to mention love to hear the beautiful music Taylor composed and released on his Under the Radar CD and the many other songs such as "Somehow".

Thanks PM and AOL!

Shirley S.

I LOVE TAYLOR HICK'S AND TO HELL WITH THE REST OF YOU FRIGGEN PEOPLE. YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT IS GOOD AND WHAT IS BAD. SOOOO YOU GO TAYLOR. YOU ARE THE BEST. YOU ARE " THE AMERICAN IDOL " GO FOR IT. HOPEFULLY THE GIRL WILL GET IN TOUCH WITH YOU. AND HAVE A GREAT TRIP AROUND THE CIRCUT.
SHIRLEY S.

MARY

i was glad that TAYLOR won. he is out going, and enteraining. he is who he is and not a put on. all of them were good in their own field. but TAYLOR is natural like a second ELVIS. good luck TAYLOR and keep up the good work

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments