Taylor Hicks Goes Gangsta

6/19/2006 5:22 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Taylor Hicks is back kickin' it in is home state of Alabama. The recently named "hottest bachelor" winner, is so hot that he got to drop some rhymes with none other than Snoop Dogg this past weekend.

Snoop was in 'Bama performing at Birmingham's City Stage Festival on Saturday. Hicks hopped up on stage to join Snoop on "Gin and Juice." Hicks played a little harmonica and busted a few dance moves as well. Don't worry Snoop, we won't tell anyone back in Compton.

Showing off his street cred, Hicks gave props to the D - O - Double G:

"I have the greatest respect for Snoop Dogg as an artist, but also as a family man, a businessman and an integral part of pop culture," Hicks said in an interview downtown Saturday afternoon. "Rap music has the most advanced lyricism there is. Rap is real; there's nothing pretentious about it. I'm very excited about appearing with Snoop. I think it's great."

Fo' shizzle, American Izzle.

runforcover

Good for Hicks
Good dude
Buy your album Whenever
One,

runforcover

Good for Hicks
Good dude
Buy your album Whenever
One,

Keisha

Sorry, Taylor, but Snoop Dogg a "family man" etc. etc. ad nauseum? I think Taylor's gone overboard trying to be a politician. Just sing,Taylor! (And check out Dogg's "family man" creds, for example, here: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/sfgate/category?blogid=7&cat=313 )

Madeleine

I'm not surprised Taylor leaped, uninvited, onto the stage with snoop, after all, Elliott Yamin made a record with a black Gospel group long before American Idol and also favors black groups and singers, Taylor seems to be hot on the trail of everything Yamin does, who won this Idol thing anyway? After seeing Taylors fish mouth version of a Ford commercial I have decided to get rid of my Ford ranger. Yamin can draw tears from his fans with a song, now Taylor claims his fans cry too, probably for different reasons though, and I have to wonder how much it cost the AI group and Clive Davis to make this guy the hottest bachelor, they can't be serious. This is just embarrassing now. Every picture of Taylor hicks face has been touched up to make it look slimmer, now if they could just do something about the copy cat thing it would help. Next year we'll be saying Taylor who? Whoever is writing this drivel is not doing Hicks a favor, it makes him look like a loser instead of a winner and very insincere and insecure. Give the fairy tales a rest and leave his fish face alone. He's won already.

Kelsey

Oh please. Hes EXPIERMENTING. thats what artist do to presue their career.

Denise

Man, people are judgemental!

KM

Excuse me, Taylor was ASKED to perform with all of these acts BY THE ACTS THEMSELVES. Snoop ASKED for Taylor, Allman Bros. ASKED for Taylor. He didn't charge the festival a dime to perform either, unlike many other performers. He's a true gentleman and THAT is what makes him very HOT! Thank you very much!

Sarah

I think its good that Taylor is experimenting with other types of music. He's an awesome singer, and Snoop is an awesome artist.

Cori

Taylor is a great performer. He deserved to be on stage with Snoop. It was a great performance and I would love the chance of seeing those two together again.

Mike

not that it's 100% relevant to the story, but Snoop's from Long Beach, not Compton. Even wisecracks should be based around some kind of fact.

Anyway, glad to see that taylor is doing something (uh, sorta) useful with his idol status, that Ford commercial really had me worried.

Bob Edwards

RAP SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jeff Davidson

Cori - Yeah, I realize he's from Long Beach. Compton just sounds funnier.

LBC baby!

-Jeff

Margaret Loper

It was a preplanned event that Taylor joined Snoop on stage in Birmingham. I am told it was great and that all parties got along well.
Elliott is great as well. How small minded one must be that your cannot find the good in both artists.

Bev

Taylor is Unique and always will be. He's an original. What other Idol has gotten this much attention and publicity? He's a performer and will not have to depend on record sales. People of all ages want to see him. Let the critics walk in his size 12 Shoes!!

edy

#6 7and 8 comments, I agree whole heartly with you. Taylor if you want to respect snoop dogg for his artistry and business savy fine, but NOT as a family man. Taylor is much better than this. So so Sorry

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments