Babwa Hate Star

6/28/2006 1:37 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Barbara Walters has hated Star Jones for a long time, and it has nothing to do with Rosie O'Donnell.

I'm told Barbara utterly turned on Star during the diva's wedding.  Walters was horrified by the freebies Star was getting and felt she was making "The View" look awful.

Barbara Walters and Star Jones

But it goes beyond all that.  For several years, I've heard that Barbara was fed up with Star acting like she was all that.  It's true, no one has a higher opinion of Star than herself.  I remember during the O.J. Simpson civil trial (her pre-gastric surgery days), when someone I know complimented her on her hairstyle.  Star's response:  "That's my Audrey Hepburn look."

Star has pissed off an awful lot of people in Hollywood who feel she treated them shabbily -- that, by the way is an extreme understatement.  It's no surprise that Barbara Walters ultimately turned on her.

The problem is, now Walters is starting to look really bad, publicly feuding with Jones.  She should follow her smart self and just shut up.  But she can't.  You see, that's how much she hates Star.

COMMENTS

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

Evangeline Range

I am glad Star is gone. The worst day for Star was when Joy was discussing the merits of a colonoscopy only to be interrupted by Star discussing a bikini wax that she had just received. So self absorbed! Very easy to dislike!

I won't watch Star on TV period!

ann

Thank GOD she is gone. Now I can finally watch "The View" again. That woman needs a reality check. Between the wedding and the weight loss she really got a attitude. Lately that sour puss on her face was enough to make anyone hurl. I am thrilled she, and the HUGE chip on her shoulder, have hit the road. Good luck Star, you will need it!

j.mosley

I don't care for Star. She think,s it doesn't stink when she goes to the
bathroom. Rosie is so militant since she came out as a lesbian that
she has turned alot of people off. Personally I think the View isall but
over as a talk show.IOt has lost all direction.

Donna L. Davis

I think these celebrity ought just grow up!!!!! and start starting setting and example in society , their in the lime light of everybody. People look up to them for corretness and listen to with comments what good and bad on the view . I occassionly watch it did not attract me with the make up with the women , it had a un even balance and some rudness to it at times!!!! So I , GOOD LUCK to Star Jones and GOD BLESS the child that has his own you derserve it Girl...

Gwen Wilson

It is always important to get the truth out and Barbara is doing just that. Star Jones showed her true character(or lack of...) during her commercialized wedding,so her abrupt on-air pity party to announce her departure was not surprising. It will be so nice not to have to endure anymore of her self-serving diatribe! I will be "Viewing" more often!

Patricia Morrison

Star Jones is a pig of the highest order. She was incredibly religiously biased and rude to a friend of mine who was on the show couple of years back, which is why I've never watched the show again. As for Baba Wawa, she has always annoyed the crap out of me and she was pretty nasty to my friend too, so the hell with them both. The show is a self-important, self-indulgent piece of crap anyway.

Mary von Saltza

I loved watching "The View" in the begining, now that Meridith has left, I have no real reason to watch other than Joy Behar. Star has always been full of herself and I refuse to watch with Rosie coming on. I wish you all luck, you are going to need it.

PAT LEBER

I LOVE THE VIEW--I LOVE ROSIE---I MISS MEREDITH- IWILL NOT MISS STARR----NOW I WANT MY FAVORITE LINDA DANO TO REPLACE STARR-SHE COULD BRING THE VIEW BACK WHERE IT BELONGS

Honey

We all heard rumors about Star leaving, and her announcement yesterday was pulled off with class, whether you like Star or not. She immediately thanked Walters, and then her other co-hosts. That should have been the end of it. Barbara looked very bad and spiteful this morning when she revealed that ABC's prior decision about Star.

Apparently Walters didn't like the fact that Star told People magazine. that she felt she'd been fired, and comments Star made today on the radio may have fueled the fire. Well she HAD been fired. The View's ratings were pretty high during Star's wedding fiasco... and I agree that it was a bit much.

I won't watch The View anymore either. Star didn't air ABC/Walter's dirty business on the show. Barbara should've done the same. It will all be in the tabloids and the web anyway.

sharon

The View will be viewed no more after Rosie comes onboard. She is an overbearing loudmouth. I enjoyed the show while Meredith was there, even enjoyed the others but the show will have no class with Rosie O' on the show.

Chrissy 822

I love The View and will continue to watch once Star is gone. She was too full of herself, and became very annoying. I began to mute my TV when she was on. So sorry Meredith is gone, but I enjoy Joy. And I will give Rosie a chance.

frannie

Ugh Star is one sour puss. When she isn't talking she has this sour look on her face. I also can't take Barbara's ugly voice. She is getting too old. This show is going to the dogs.

Cheryl

I find it very two-faced of Barbara to say that people disliked Star talking about her wedding so much. The shows ratings never dipped during that time and The View used Star's wedding for their own gain by doing segments on how to plan a wedding, bridal shower info., & a host of other wedding shows. They used Star until she was used up and then blamed her.

Star handled herself with so much CLASS. The View & ABC execs. look really bad. We will see, but I'm pretty sure that their ratings will drop fast and we will see how the majority of America feel Star was wronged!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jana

Barbara isn't feuding with Star. People in power don't feud with their underlings, they fire them. Ms. Walters gave a short, respectful, and restrained statement, and I suspect that will be that.

AL IRVIN

STAR'S MATERIALISM IS ASTOUNDING, AND HER LACK OF CLASS EVIDENT WITH HER ANTICS ON THE SHOW. GOOD RIDDANCE. BUT I WILL SAY THAT BW'S WORDS THIS MORNING MADE HER LOOK LIKE A SPITEFUL OLD WOMAN. SHE IS NO BETTER.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments