Taylor, Dude, You're the Dude

6/28/2006 1:40 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Taylor Hicks: click to watch!Taylor Hicks (and many others) showed up to Social Hollywood in LA on Tuesday night but it was all about Hicks. It seemed as though he was approached by one aspiring business partner after another - all wanting their own personal "Idol."

The "American Idol" winner was seen by TMZ's Josh Levine leaving the the Hollywood hotspot surrounded by paparazzi and possible future hook-ups ... er, business colleagues.  At one point it got so bad that he needed a police escort back into the club while waiting for his car.

Good for Taylor though ... it seems that the head of the Soul Patrol has a good handle on how to deal with the many clinger-ons that will hound him in Hollywood.

grow up you 'all

Taylor Hicks deserved to win because America's public wanted him to win. Kathrine McPhee has an excellent voice and looks, therefore, she should be a singing model. As she sings very boringly (is there such a word?) and models are boring to watch (unless you're a Victoria's Secret model), she would find her perfect venue for her talent and looks.

Give Taylor room to grow his own style. And if he's as smart as Kelly Clarkson and jumps right on the bandwagon, so to speak, he'll do just great, maybe even better then Kelly.

For those who don't think Taylor can sing, they maybe have been listening to too much loud, discordant music, such as rap, heavy metal, and Ashley Simpson, et al. Singers who have a one octave range and only sound good with a lot of background backup and and good sound technician in the booth.

Kim

YEAH TAYLOR. Glad someone with talent actually won this year.

As for those who say he "can't sing" because he doesn't sound like Andrea Bocelli, I'd say Taylor is in fine company. He'll be right there among other guys with less than soaring voices ... Bob Dylan, Mick Jagger, Ray Charles, Johnny Cash, Bob Segar, etc.

Laurie

How do you feel knowing you, who has no talent , took away the win from someone who does.

connie

I TOO PICKED TAYLOR FROM THE START.........I CONNECTED WITH HIM RIGHT AWAY...THERE IS JUST SOMETHING ABOUT HIM......HE DOES HAVE SOUL AND IS DOWN TO EARTH.......HE IS A GOOD HEARTED MAN WHO WILL GO FAR.....I SURE DO MISS IDOL...I LOOKED FORWARD TO SEEING HIM SING EVERY WEEK......GOOD LUCK TAYLOR AND GOD BLESS.....

Jennifer

Go Taylor you are the BEST!!!!!!!!!!

kristen

Oh taylor is so good looking. And he can sing. I'm glad he won american idol. I was hoping he would. Keep up the good work taylor!

Cindy

Taylor seems like a nice guy, but the true American Idol this year was Chris Daughtry. His voice is awesome and he'll outsell Taylor & Kat by a mile! It was outrageous that he was kicked off so early, but at least after the tour is over, he's free of American Idol and can do his own thing!

janice ferguson

taylor you was my pick from the start and you remain my pick and idol. just keep your songs the way you did on american idol. see you on the number one hit chart.

June

I like to see Taylor doing so well in the music field . He voted for him all through Idol and so glad he won. So far all the Idols I voted for came in the winners. Makes me feel good to see people who might have never become known for their talents getting a chance and to know I was a part of it with my few votes . It is a great program with so much to offer young people . Love Simon Cowell too! Looking forward to the next Idol

concerned

TYLER HICKS ROCKS! He seems like a down to earth guy-dont change. I am so happy it happened to a nice guy, and yes i love your singing and cant wait for the CD to come out!!!!! I would marry you any day!!!

Beverly

luv Taylor....!!!, hub ba, hub ba.....nothing like a chubby white guy who sings soul!!!!
please do not change!!!! you're perfect the way you are......i've ordered Under the Radar and looking forward to it...bye

Marilyn in Hoover

Go Taylor Go !!!! You have what it takes sweetheart. I am so glad you made to the top and I know you won't have any trouble staying there.....Come back to Hoover when you can. We love ya!

lorne

I can't believe ANYONE out there can say this guy isn't good/great. I guess it's a matter of taste, and sime don't have it. Taylor is a breath of fresh air and he LOVES what he does. Kat was ok, but not SPECIAL. I prefered Elliott to Kat. Witout a doubt, Taylor was the story of this years Idol comp. Even if he hadn't won (most thought Chris would) he was the life of the party.

S W Posey

Taylor was a hit with me from his audition forward. He got better and better each week and is the most deserving idol since Kelly Clarkson. It's so nice to have a good ol' boy to swoon over than deal with these repetitive screeching females, and then Ruben, who went nowhere. Taylor already has a rocking commercial, handles being with big stars on talk show with grace and dignity, and deals with the would be hangers-on politely.

andrew

Chris is the real winner.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments