Police Raids Over Jolie-Pitt Baby Shower

6/29/2006 4:45 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ has learned the FBI and Massachusetts authorities raided a Westfield, Mass. home Tuesday night and seized photos of a baby shower held by Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt.

It's a bizarre story that starts in Namibia, where the shower was thrown. James Haven, Jolie's brother, took a number of pictures in Namibia. When he returned to L.A., his camera broke so he took it to Best Buy where the camera was purchased, and asked them to fix it under the warranty. Best Buy sent the camera to Precision Camera and Video Repair in Enfield, Connecticut.

Sources tell TMZ that two employees at Precision, Bill Keyes and Adam Beckwith, discovered the pictures in the digital camera. We're told that Keyes told authorities that Beckwith downloaded the photos.

Keyes mother, Madelon, told TMZ that her 36-year-old son was excited, showed her the pictures and sent an email to someone in California. Sources say the email may have been an attempt to sell the photos. Madelon Keyes told TMZ, "I don't think he would do something like that."

A sergeant from the Westfield Police Department confirmed with TMZ that authorities searched Keyes' home and seized his computer. The sergeant also said a search warrant was executed at Precision Camera and Video Repair and the actual camera that took the pictures was also seized.

The sergeant said neither Keyes nor Beckwith were arrested and that the case is in the hands of the LA County District Attorney. The sergeant says neither man violated Massachusetts law, but California laws are different.

Danielle Friedland of Celebrity Baby Blog tells TMZ that she received an email last week with sample photos attached, "to see what these photos may be worth." One of the of the images was on her blog. After some consideration, however, Danielle removed the images, believing the photos may have been illegally obtained.

The Los Angeles County District Attorney had no comment because the investigation is ongoing and no charges have been filed.

We could not reach Bill Keyes or Adam Beckwith for comment.

John Malinosky, President of Precision Camera and Video Repair said he was unaware of the search and "We have absolutely no knowledge of this."

TMZ placed a call to Lavely & Singer, Pitt and Jolie's lawyers, but it was not returned.

Bob Burr

Outrageous!!!! Doing this when they could be raiding the homes of dying people using medically approved and dictated marijuana, usage of which was approved by voters of their own state. Where are the Federal government priorities?????

C

I agree with Sarah's statement.
And quit whining people, --- These individuals should not have downloaded any images off of some one else's camera in the first place, as well as not have sent them to others. They're copyrighted images (belonging to Jolie), and downloading them, selling or displaying them to the public and sending them to others is against the copyright law.

Jen

I cannot believe that the FBI would waste their time and our tax dollars for this. And as for Brangeline - I'd be impressed with their charity more if they were'nt living in such a mansion (one of how many?) and if they didn't use their children to keep up their fame and fortune. And yes there are millions of suffering people in poverty right here in America - which is the country that has made them who they are. Sick, with the thousands and thousands of children missing - the FBI chases after stupid baby shower pictures. Guess you have to be rich and famous for that special treatment. If I had a child missing I would be so angry.

Liz Clemons

All this over baby shower pictures !!!! they need to be for concerned ( FBI ) about terriost peatfiles and real crimanals

Hardlife

O' WOW, only if people who did things for humanity got this much attention. These are celebritys, hardly worth more if any respect & notoriety than the scientist who found a cure for disease or something. You watch these people for entertainment. Its hard to believe the media would pay millions for these peoples pictures, LAME. Lets all do our part in NOT contributing to this type of smut news, by not purchasing, read, or watch this trash media. If no one cares, then there's no demand. The only time I might pick up this trash is when I'm stuck in a grocery line, but I never buy the likes of these magazine or papers. These people live fine, and they will be fine , Begone Lifestyle's' of The Rich & Famous who gives a Sh*t!
Someone steals my pictures at gun point...The local police tells me to leave them alone, that they don't have time for everyday people...The FBI laughs at me.

Jen

The FBI does not treat "average" citizens this way. My checkbook was stolen my checks were written in 3 different states, BUT because my checking account was out of NY and we were living in NC and the checks were written the police could do nothing. The FBI told me they don't handle that kind of thing. Why do they get special treatment........... I need special treatment too. AND ALL THIS happened while my hubby was in IRAQ. This is the stupidest waste of tax dollars yet.

INKLING

Whenever someone is rich and famous they are in the public eye, and people will pay big money to see them. Personally, I think it is sad that so many people don't have a life and they buy into this garbage. On the other hand, I am absolutely sure that Angelina and Brad knew this would happen. I am almost certain that it was orchestrated. If they aren't in the news, then they have something to worry about. A lot of times stars PUT themselves in the news by doing bizarre things, (adopting children from other countries, having your child in another country, exclusive photo rights, etc.). The mystery and attention is there. You can't convince me they didn't plan this.

INKLING

As if James couldn't wait to have his camera fixed until AFTER the baby pics had been posted...

Carol

Geez, people. It's not any fault of Brangelina's. Those two workers sure should lose their jobs, and yes, the FBI should have more important things to do. What a crock.
On a side note - Their little baby sure is worth alot.

angel1

They're celebs & deserve a little privacy,So Get A Life...Leave them Alone.. You'd do nothing if you had there kind of money but for your own selfish needs. You are your own worst worlds critics, you should be a shame of yourselves, So back off.. They're not all that bad.Its nice seeing them doing some good in the world that is so much afflicted by Hunger,Deseases & Death, We take for granite every day, what we have here in America & what we dont see"". There we're & still are plenty Celebs' invoved that have gone all out, to help victims in many circumstances, that life throughs are way.You should be proud of them being good Americans & trying to Change some lives.Wish there were more Celebs out there or People in General"" that would be willing to put there lives on the line for any!! Man kind!! They not being paid for Volunteering..That takes alot of dedication & time & Money...Roseburg,OR ..U.S.A!!!God Bless.. & Happy 4th Of July..

DJ

Makes me want to go on welfare to avoid paying taxes so that my hard earned money is not spent on things like this. How petty can one family be? I'm tired of hearing about these two and their offspring.

Just Me

This brother of what's her name, (I'm sick of seeing her name in print) can't be too bright to let this happen...all he had to do was take the memory stick with the pictures out of the camera lol

he probably did this on purpose as someone else stated....
I live in Mass and hope the state cops are done playing... "who has the pictures". We have more pressing issues to deal with here.

JJ

Had these photos been anybody elses baby pictures the FBI wouldn't have given a rat's _ _ _ ! Hollywood has strings... who woulda known?!?!

JEANNE

'' WELL ''''''NOW IT'S TIME FOR 'TOM CRUISE ^ KATIE'S BABY'S PIC'S''' BORINGGGGGGGGGG'' ''

Kathy in Memphis

OH THAT IS AWESSOME!!! IN FACT, MR PITT AND MRS. HUSBAND TAKER ARE TOO GOOD TO EVEN CALL THE COPS BACK THAT DID ALL OF THIS BROWN NOSING!! HA HA!! HILARIOUS!! SLAPPED YOU GUYS IN THE FACE FOR ALL THE WORK YOU DID DIDN"T IT ??