Police Raids Over Jolie-Pitt Baby Shower

6/29/2006 4:45 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ has learned the FBI and Massachusetts authorities raided a Westfield, Mass. home Tuesday night and seized photos of a baby shower held by Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt.

It's a bizarre story that starts in Namibia, where the shower was thrown. James Haven, Jolie's brother, took a number of pictures in Namibia. When he returned to L.A., his camera broke so he took it to Best Buy where the camera was purchased, and asked them to fix it under the warranty. Best Buy sent the camera to Precision Camera and Video Repair in Enfield, Connecticut.

Sources tell TMZ that two employees at Precision, Bill Keyes and Adam Beckwith, discovered the pictures in the digital camera. We're told that Keyes told authorities that Beckwith downloaded the photos.

Keyes mother, Madelon, told TMZ that her 36-year-old son was excited, showed her the pictures and sent an email to someone in California. Sources say the email may have been an attempt to sell the photos. Madelon Keyes told TMZ, "I don't think he would do something like that."

A sergeant from the Westfield Police Department confirmed with TMZ that authorities searched Keyes' home and seized his computer. The sergeant also said a search warrant was executed at Precision Camera and Video Repair and the actual camera that took the pictures was also seized.

The sergeant said neither Keyes nor Beckwith were arrested and that the case is in the hands of the LA County District Attorney. The sergeant says neither man violated Massachusetts law, but California laws are different.

Danielle Friedland of Celebrity Baby Blog tells TMZ that she received an email last week with sample photos attached, "to see what these photos may be worth." One of the of the images was on her blog. After some consideration, however, Danielle removed the images, believing the photos may have been illegally obtained.

The Los Angeles County District Attorney had no comment because the investigation is ongoing and no charges have been filed.

We could not reach Bill Keyes or Adam Beckwith for comment.

John Malinosky, President of Precision Camera and Video Repair said he was unaware of the search and "We have absolutely no knowledge of this."

TMZ placed a call to Lavely & Singer, Pitt and Jolie's lawyers, but it was not returned.

john brown

I am certain that the FBI was brought into this to make it clear that they are concerned about people who might invade our privacy by making unauthorized downloads from our cameras. Some people tell me I have a sarcastic sense of humor, but most people don't say anything.

Chris Smith

i dont really think that the FBI would raid any store or corporation for yours or my photos but for some people who are famous thats a different story. makes you wonder if they just did it to get some of that publicity over their baby for the FBI. they need all the publicity they can get as it stands right now.

jim macduf

With all the Terrorists out there and Osama bin Laden still on the loose,the FBI wasts ther time on baby shower pictures.They should be ashamed of themselves,Why don't you go find Whitey Bulger. baraabosas

Bob

There's no official comment because it's an ongoing investigation, but sources confirm that the FBI also checked the basements both at Keyes' home and at Precision Camera and Video Repair in an attempt to surface additional clues about the whereabouts of Jimmy Hoffa's remains.

HEIDI E-CLARK

Ok, just a thought.... PULL THE DIGITAL CHIP OUT BEFORE YOU GIVE SOMEONE YOUR CAMERA! DUH.
I am so tired of these 2 horrible, disgusting, dirty people.
When you do the math and the pregnancy began while he was still married, be it just legal, whatever, I lost any remaining shred of respect I had for these 2. I'm not dumb and I realize it happens everyday, but it shouldn't be in the "public eye". Great role models! And Brad obviously had NO respect for Jen or anything they did or shared together to put her through that kind of hurt.
I hope she finds whatever makes her happy and never looks back. Brad wasn't worth a tear shed.

Kim

The FBI did waste time and or money to relocate these stupid pictures.. That is something for the police departments in those particular counties.. But for everyone that is degrading the couple for donating money to third world countries is absolutely ridiculous. The children in those third world countries seldom drink clean water and eat maybe twice a week. Most of them don't even own a pair of shoes. Our child welfare system isn't a lack of money issue... It is a lack of keeping an eye on the children that are put into the system. Social workers find a home for our needy children and then forget them. They get beaten, molested and the state departments turn a blind eye.

D

Comment # 8 Kelly M

Thier is not spelled ie it's ei...THEIR. I won't get on my soap box but the FBI should be more concerned with other world issues instead of some baby pictures.

Georgi

This is ridiculous. I am SOOOO sure that if my memory card was lost at a developing place, and I called the cops, they'd tell me there's nothing they could do about it. There would be no "house raids." This is just so appaling, and incredibly STUPID! They are treated like royalty, this is supposed to be a democracy. Ugh, and I liked them, too. Now, they're just abusing their "celebrity." They should go back to Africa. They want to live here in all the luxury the US and Tinseltown have to offer, but help everyone else. Gross.

DEP

This is extremely sad. I hope the two gentlemen are fired and the company seeks damages done by their recklessness. I hope that the FBI was using this as a test drill for something bigger and better. I hope that all those wanting pictures of these people get hundreds of thousands of them, thereby making all pictures worthless and no one gets any money for anything. I hope that Dona in gets over her paranoia. And I hope that we no longer have to look at non-sensical pictures, articles, and news stories about celebrities that don't matter in life any more than you or I do. I wish everyone would stop buying the tabloids that hunt for these pictures. No one cares - and if you do - save your money so you can hire a therapist.

Tom

I've read the story. I've read everyone's comments regarding it. I must say, If you honestly think it was all a waste, why are you wasting your time to write about what a waste it was? You're only bringing more attention to this stupidity. Angelina, though she may be a bit misguided in her good charities, is a good person for what she does. Giving is a good thing and we, as Americans are selfish to think that it should be given to us. Granted I do wish the FBI and similar authorities would put as much effort into the crimes of this country. However, our Government has made room and opportunities for hurting people here. People who need help. There are grants, and homes, and so many people here willing to help. The problem is, that most needy Americans want to be GIVEN help. They don't want to seek it out, or put effort into helping someone help them.

If this incident over some baby shower photo's has you so hot on Brad and Angelina, has you cursing who they give charity too, well then, you're a sad individual just looking for something to complain about.

someone

I agree that Brad and Angelina should be upset that the pics were put on the internet without permission..but the person who said " we should just leave these people alone" well, thats hard to do when you turn on a TV, and there they are, you open a newspaper and there they are, I went to the grocery store and they have a rack with all the rag mags on it, and they were on the comer of everyone of them, so I wish they would just go away already..Im sick of both of them, and yeah, the kids are cute, but come on people they are JUST KIDS, and Shiloh is no cuter than any one elses baby, I've seen pics of all the new hollywood babies, (except Suri of couse) and they are all cute..so I think Brangelina should go live in another country, this one wasn't even good enough for them to have Shiloh in..goodbye BAMZS

Compassionate Chic

This is absolutely the most RIDICULOUS things I've ever read!!!

The FBI has NOTHING better to do than hunt down Brangelina pics??!! You have GOT to be KIDDING ME!!!

Robin

It is the media that has done this to the children, not Brad and Angelina. It's a shame that our tax dollars are being spent on this, but then our politicians are corrupt anyway - for the most part! Honestly, don't you think our tax dollars are spent unwisely on MANY counts!? I do agree that celebrities like Brad and Angelina should spend their money in America to help those that are in need here. So many things are wrong with the world, we can't fix them all but home is good place to start!

beck

I think that its wrong for anyone to show somebodies personal pics to family whoever and there not yours and you dont even have permission you were on your job and you took photos that werent yours... Its Just wrong its an invasion of privacy no matter who it is... Just because your famous doesnt mean you dont have rights.....There celebrity takes away there privacy but what little they have there entitled to that....
The FBI gets involed because once you cross state lines it becomes federal (ex. if you commit even a minor crime and go to the next state its a major issue).....I just think that they deserve privacy and the media (no offense TMZ) makes them so overexposed we get sick of hearing about them.... not just Brad and angelina but other celebs as well... I guess its our love hate realationship with celebrities.. we love to hear about them but we hate the overexposure... Its a catch 22...

beck

felisha

seriously.
i can understand the police thing.
but the FBI?
i've been sick of this baby even before she was born.
it's almost like all the two care about are getting their kids famous.
or donating a bunch of money to make them look good.
it's ridiculous.
i'm pretty sure that if MY baby shower pictures were stolen, the FBI wouldn't get involved.
it's only obvious.
i liked them A LOT better when they werent together
since they became this "super couple" they wants all the attention they can get.
it's pathetic really.
WHY ON EARTH WOULD YOU GET THE FBI OVER BABY SHOWER PHOTOS?!?
that makes NO sence at all!!!