Police Raids Over Jolie-Pitt Baby Shower

6/29/2006 4:45 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ has learned the FBI and Massachusetts authorities raided a Westfield, Mass. home Tuesday night and seized photos of a baby shower held by Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt.

It's a bizarre story that starts in Namibia, where the shower was thrown. James Haven, Jolie's brother, took a number of pictures in Namibia. When he returned to L.A., his camera broke so he took it to Best Buy where the camera was purchased, and asked them to fix it under the warranty. Best Buy sent the camera to Precision Camera and Video Repair in Enfield, Connecticut.

Sources tell TMZ that two employees at Precision, Bill Keyes and Adam Beckwith, discovered the pictures in the digital camera. We're told that Keyes told authorities that Beckwith downloaded the photos.

Keyes mother, Madelon, told TMZ that her 36-year-old son was excited, showed her the pictures and sent an email to someone in California. Sources say the email may have been an attempt to sell the photos. Madelon Keyes told TMZ, "I don't think he would do something like that."

A sergeant from the Westfield Police Department confirmed with TMZ that authorities searched Keyes' home and seized his computer. The sergeant also said a search warrant was executed at Precision Camera and Video Repair and the actual camera that took the pictures was also seized.

The sergeant said neither Keyes nor Beckwith were arrested and that the case is in the hands of the LA County District Attorney. The sergeant says neither man violated Massachusetts law, but California laws are different.

Danielle Friedland of Celebrity Baby Blog tells TMZ that she received an email last week with sample photos attached, "to see what these photos may be worth." One of the of the images was on her blog. After some consideration, however, Danielle removed the images, believing the photos may have been illegally obtained.

The Los Angeles County District Attorney had no comment because the investigation is ongoing and no charges have been filed.

We could not reach Bill Keyes or Adam Beckwith for comment.

John Malinosky, President of Precision Camera and Video Repair said he was unaware of the search and "We have absolutely no knowledge of this."

TMZ placed a call to Lavely & Singer, Pitt and Jolie's lawyers, but it was not returned.

Lance K.

Um having an opinion and having a say are two different things. NONE of us have a say in how somebody spends there money. ...I don't care if you are a friend, family or fan. I earn it you don't have a say in what I do with it. They worked for their money, they did not hold a gun to your head and say you better pay to see our movie or whatever so please....give it a break

I'm responding to Rachel when she posted:

s, I think I have some say in how the millions of dollars they received is spent. I can't demand what they do with it. But I can get pissed as hell if I think they're misusing the money, e.g. on a Nambia resort and security and private planes and constant international air travel. I can rant

Richard Hastings Jr

Disregard the country bit , but how ever , our tax dollars get waisted on pictures. and these pictures get sold over the internet , booo hooo. It happens all the time, and the FEDS dont do nothing about it . I would have to agree with the person that wrote about FEDS should do somthing more productive to help kids stay off drugs, away from illeagal wepons and such, out of gangs. instead we got them acting as the PICTURE PATROL. hmmm next time i loose my picture of my family ill call the FEDS.

Lance K.

Babalou you are coming off worst than Britney or Angelina by the foulness of your comments. Can't you express a comment in a mature manner?

cheryl

THEY R NOT THAT DAMN IMPORTANT

Richard Hastings Jr

The Feds couldn't find Osama if he were to have walked in the FBI office in D.C. to turn him self in. They can find your lost Roll of film.

Ron E

Brad n Angelina: What a pair of fakes. Afterall, thats what actors do isn,t it? They play make believe for tons of money. We have better things to do than cowtow to these two idiots.I mean who really cares what they do?

Cjae Cooperson

It is a shame for the taxpayers money to be used in such an idle manner. However, wouldn't the FBI come out to your local Walmart to depict whose stolen your flix. Surely every pix of little Shiloh was well worth it and thanks to the US citizens we have made her parents rich enough for them to spend their money on whatever they choose, even if they want to purchase the FBI for 500 Alex.

Lance K.

The FBI works hard

Thirteen people were arrested in raids across New York City yesterday as part of an FBI strike on two movie piracy rings that authorities said specialised in sneaking digital camcorders into cinemas and shooting hit films, then duplicating and distributing millions of bootlegs worldwide.

Officials said the rings had been operating since 1999 and were believed to be responsible for nearly half of all illicit recordings made in the US.

Some of the DVD knockoffs included the FBI warning seen at the start of legitimate discs - "No small irony," said Mark Mershon, head of the FBI's New York office, at a news conference.

Lance K.

The FBI works hard

FBI says there was no serial killer in Nome

By TOM KIZZIA
Anchorage Daily News

Published: June 29, 2006
Last Modified: June 29, 2006 at 03:02 PM

A string of disappearances and mysterious deaths of Native villagers visiting Nome was not the work of a serial killer, an FBI analysis of the cases has concluded.

An FBI study of 24 missing persons and suspicious death cases, assembled by Nome police, said excessive alcohol consumption and a harsh winter climate were common ties in many of the cases. In nine of the cases, where no bodies were ever found, state and local investigators said they would continue to follow leads.

Annette Roberts

I am not an Brangelina fan, yet I am not sure they are the ones to get the FBI involved. They could and would pay for the costs if involved. Children in other countries are as valuable as our own children here in America. It does seem they could also and probably have made donations to Katrina victims. What I don't understand about the donation system to the hurricane victims is that no one seems to feel Mississippi children and families are as valuable as New Orleans citizens. WHY? Maybe because New Orleans is more famous for frivolity and tourism. NOT a good enough reason for me.
Annette Roberts

Virginia

Get A Life > Leave these people alone its easy to see why they chose Nambia!!!

Amber

This whole country is going down the toilet. We have a mildly retarded president who cares more about whether gays are getting married than he does about the people that he sent over seas to die so that he could impress his daddy. AND PEOPLE ACTUALLY RE-ELECTED THIS IDIOT?!?!?!?! This whole picture stunt and the fact that everyone cares more about the almighty celebrities and them selves more than they do the welfare of others does not shock me. I once was proud to say that I am an American and now I am so ashamed our people are so self absorbed, fat, lazy and spoiled. What the hell is going on that some dumb jock (insert any sports star here) and blonde whore (Paris Hilton, Tara Reid and just about any other ditzy celeb) make more money than teachers, policemen and firemen combined?! When colleges are charging an arm and a leg to people that only want to better themselves and become doctors or nurses so that they can help people? Or when our president only has the reading comprehension of a 6th grader?! If I had the money I would move to another country too! But if I am moving and telling people that I am doing to help that country I would look to my own country first. Adopt american children, help battered women, help homless people get on their feet and become a useful force in the country, bring all of the lazy celebs down to who they really are, they are no better than the rest of us they just get paid a lot of money to do nothing. The fact that we raise them so high makes us just a stupid and vain as they are. Sorry, but its true the real celebs should be the people saving lives everyday. People talk a lot about support our troops. . . how many troops can you name, how many do you know personal details about their life they way that people do celebs? We are so ass backwards as a country it isn't even funny!

Lance K.

The FBI works hard

June 29, 2006

KNOXVILLE (AP) -- The FBI is continuing its investigations into public corruption in Tennessee through two probes that have netted indictments of state lawmakers and authorities in Cocke County.
FBI Director Robert Mueller visited with agents from around the Southeast Thursday in Knoxville and spoke highly of the Knoxville office's efforts to seek out corruption.

The Tennessee Waltz undercover investigation has charged nine public officials, including five current or former state lawmakers, and two political operatives. The sting used an FBI front company that offered bribes statewide for government favors.

Sue

I cannot believe the amount of unsubstantiated venum expressed over this article. First of all, will someone please show me or tell me where they read that Brad and Angelina had anything whatever to do with the FBI becoming involved in this matter? I am certain that if the rag sheet in California had not pulled the photos back and decided to check to see if they were illegally gotten, that no one would have been the wiser and these two guys (and any other accomplices) would have made themselves quite a bit of pocket change. However, since there are so many legal charges, including theft, that are involved with an incident like this, and because it does involve inter-state sales of illegally obtained material, the FBI would have become the agency to investigate it. Get a grip people and get a life. You would all be the first to scream foul if you had been the victim of property theft and exploitation. And since you have nothing better to do with your time, why don't you compile a list for me of celebrities who have given 1/3rd of their ENTIRE INCOME to charity of any type, anywhere in the world! My gut tells me that it would be a VERY SHORT list! Get your facts straight before you open your mouths to criticize...remember the quote "better to be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!" If I truly wanted to wonder about just who it was that was responsible here, I think, just maybe....I might be inclined to question the culpability of Angelina's brother. Stranger things have happened than to have a celebrity's own kin capitolize on their fame.

Lance K.

Eric, I am sure your granddaughter is beautiful. No need to bash another child to pump up yours. Baby's have no control who there were born to